• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manjot

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about sonic's moves. Does he only have melee or does he also have long range attacks?

maxieman

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure he has no range attacks....

But with his speed im sure its not a problem

tabby18

Smash Rookie
but if you think about it a lot of characters dont have really anything decent as a range attck(e.g captain falcon,roy or marth), but i was kinda hoping that he would have a light dash or something like he he did in sonic battle for those of you who have played it

yay first post!

ValiantVernon

Smash Journeyman
i havent seen any long range moves so im assuming he has none but hes fast so like marth u can do good without projectiles =)!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Would've been awesome to have Sonic using Sonic Wind, Sonic Storm/Shockwave, etc..

But now that I think about it... He's got THREE variations of spin attacks. I bet this will make him VERY unpredictable... I can already picture my opponent....

"Here he comes! He's going HOMING... no WAIT, he's Spin dashing??! He's sure to follow by kickin... HOMING ATTACK!?? This time he'll do a Super spin... Normal Spin attack again!!? HEEEEEEAAALP!!!!"

:D I think Sonic will be VERY unpredictable with the moves they gave him. :) and that it'll be pretty fun using him.

FightingGameGuy

Smash Apprentice
Would've been awesome to have Sonic using Sonic Wind, Sonic Storm/Shockwave, etc..

But now that I think about it... He's got THREE variations of spin attacks. I bet this will make him VERY unpredictable... I can already picture my opponent....

"Here he comes! He's going HOMING... no WAIT, he's Spin dashing??! He's sure to follow by kickin... HOMING ATTACK!?? This time he'll do a Super spin... Normal Spin attack again!!? HEEEEEEAAALP!!!!"

:D I think Sonic will be VERY unpredictable with the moves they gave him. :) and that it'll be pretty fun using him.
Maybe I should have made this more clear but all of his spin attacks are graphically distinct.

Homing: he floats up first and is in the air.
Sideb: He has faint ridges. He also seems to automatically hop on the ground.
Downb: he spins along the ground with no ridges.

I hate to burst your bubble but anyone with a just this information can easily distinguish between the three attacks.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Maybe I should have made this more clear but all of his spin attacks are graphically distinct.

I hate to burst your bubble but anyone with a just this information can easily distinguish between the three attacks.
Oh well.. There goes my idea of Sonic being unpredictable. :p

Now I'm only curious how hard it'll be to control him... If he's in any way like C.Falcon, it'll take me some time to get used to him. (Except Falcon was TOO tall for my taste)

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master

I think what he was talking about, it the opponent who fights him. Some of the dashes look too much alike, for example the Down B and Side B. Not all people goes to dojo

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
I'm just hoping his jump will be a little more like's Captain Falcon jump, because its kind of sucks if you run at incredible speeds, but if you jump, you're suddenly slow and floaty. At least make his jump a little faster.

Jisike

Smash Journeyman
Okay, first off, Sonic really isn't that slow when hes jumping. sure hes not NEARLY as fast as you would expect from his godly run speed, but his jump is by no means slow.

Cless

Smash Champion
His jump speed is average like in the 3-D Sonic games. If you jump in those games, you lose like all momentum unless you homing attack or something.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Let's try and keep questions about Sonics moves in the sonic thread. I know you guys want new topics but there's not much point to something like this. Relax, the game will be out in Jan(Japan) and we'll have plenty of new stuff to talk about soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom