• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Model Replacing Help

junrob

Smash Rookie
I was bored, so i thought (as genius's do) if I could replace Sonic's model with that of Silver, Knuckles, or Tails from Green Hill Zone.
So I used Brawlbox to open up STGGREENHILL.pac and found the model for Silver and imported it into the FitSonic.pcs. Me being all excited like went to preview the model...then I got an error:urg:.
After pondering for a few seconds, I realized I had to import Silvers textures as well into the .pcs. So i did that and deleted all the extra textures that came with it that were for the actual stage. I then went to preview it and it worked.:chuckle:
After saving, the file was only like 118kb, and I tried to test it out in game.

It Froze.

So anyways.. Obviously there's more i need to do than simply replace the model and textures right?
Can anyone give me some advice to get this to work.
Is it even possible?

Note: i dont know how to use PSA, if anyone cares..

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I actually dont think any of the green hill models work... the file size must be 300kb or bigger :/

junrob

Smash Rookie
And i'm assuming theres no way to increase the model file size...
Thanks anyway:cry:

Untouch

Smash Master
You still can't.

adding a bunch of textures might make the size file bigger though.

JoeMcLarry

Smash Cadet
I think that you can put a bunch of useless junk in the file, I heard someone say they did, don't know if it worked though :/

Jys072595

Smash Rookie
Couldn't you just open up the file in a Hex Editor, and add a bunch of 00s in at the end to increase the size?

junrob

Smash Rookie
I just went back and increased the file size.
Havent tested it yet though.
Will let you know the results:chuckle:

Top Bottom