• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic looks to be hard to unlock

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I know, it makes me weep.

Project Occasus

Smash Cadet
I too would like to know how to unlock Sonic. Preferably without having to watch a video, as I am a dial-up user.

I just want to try to get Sonic unlocked, and then the rest I'll probably do without spoilers.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
I just figured he was unlocked via SSE. As long as it's not a time based thing (Mewtwo) it's fine, i'd like to play Sonic asap.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
Most likely speed run :( Although I considering he's been called, "A ***** to unlock" It will probably be destroy enough Cruel Brawl alloys...

Shadowball Enthusiast

Smash Cadet
I just hope that thing were you play a cirten number of VS matches and characters are unlocked things returns becasue thats how i did it in melee most of the time

holizz

Smash Cadet
Sonic = hard to unlock; false.

I unlocked him through VS matches last night. It came shortly _before_ I got "congratulations you played this game for 10 hours", so I'm assuming it's the number of matches. I'll go have a look on the place with play stats at some point, but he was maybe the fifth character I unlocked through VS yesterday, so he is in no way difficult to unlock (unless, maybe, you're not playing VS matches). He's certainly the best unlockable character thus far.

I haven't actually unlocked anybody via SSE because I've been playing so much VS that by the time I meet the character in SSE I've already had them for an hour.

rootsofjustice

Smash Rookie
There is another way he can be unlocked, and that's simply to beat SSE. No specific difficulty, no handicap, just beat it.

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
not exactly, there's a thread in the wolf discussion boards that says he can be unlocked mid game...

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
Official: There are three ways.

1. In SSE, you unlock Sonic right before the final boss battle.
2. Beat Classic Mode with 10 characters.
3. Play 300 vs. matches.

Hope that clears everything up.

J18

Smash Journeyman
can anyone tell me the actual plot so SSE and not just cutscenes, cuz i'm not understanding everything with the cutscenes

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Official: There are three ways.

1. In SSE, you unlock Sonic right before the final boss battle.
2. Beat Classic Mode with 10 characters.
3. Play 300 vs. matches.

Hope that clears everything up.
Where are you getting this "official" information from?

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
I thought you got Falco after 300 vs matches?

anyway, is the japanese brawl guide out yet? if it is, it wouldnt be that hard to find. even on the internet.

ss118

Smash Master
Ness: 5
Marth: 10
Luigi: 22
Falco: 50
Captain Falcon: 70
Lucario: 100
Snake: 130
R.O.B.: 160
Ganondorf: 200
Game and Watch: 250