• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic: I'm too weak!!

Kirby Phelps (PK)

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PKGaming
3DS FC
0989-1762-3370
Ok, I've tried so many different moves and combos, but the only moves that can actually kill, are his forward and down smash, THAT'S IT. Those are the only moves that I can actually kill people with. All the other moves are crap. I'm trying to become good with Sonic, but it's just not working out. Everytime I use him, I lose horribly. Now, I LOVE Sonic and I REALLY wanna become good with him, but if those really are the only moves that kill, I refuse to play a character where I have to spam the same moves over and over, and hope for some idiot to fall for it.

Tenki

Smash Hero
1) Do more damage. Sonic racks up damage pretty quickly if you can get the right moves to connect (Side and Down B and their combos, F-air, u-smash... tilts.. blah, everything). More of his moves start killing at 160%, then 170%.

[b]I just can't kill[/b]

Note how the title of this thread on the first page is called "I just can't kill". Alot of good tips are there.

2) Try doing kills by gimping, or screwing up their recoveries off-stage. Sonic's fastest kills are done off-stage, and he can go almost anywhere off-stage and still make it back to tell his opponents how slow they are.

3) B-air kills just as good as D-smash, if not better, because you can do it off the edge. Read at least the first part of this thread:

Finishing moves and setups: aka HOW TO KILL WITH SONIC?!

Learn and become comfortable with his kill options and what %'s they kill. Don't spam them and you'll have a better knockback when you need them to kill.
------

You really didn't need to make this thread. The thread from the first point is almost identical to this, and you could have just made a post there.

Practice more.

Beware of this.
10notamods

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Seriously, for a problem as common as this did you not think that a pre-existing thread could be found? Just check the first page at the very least. PLEASE.

And don't forget about Sonic's b-smash.

:D
xD

Browny

Smash Hater
Ok, I've tried so many different moves and combos, but the only moves that can actually kill, are his forward and down smash, THAT'S IT. Those are the only moves that I can actually kill people with. All the other moves are crap. I'm trying to become good with Sonic, but it's just not working out. Everytime I use him, I lose horribly. Now, I LOVE Sonic and I REALLY wanna become good with him, but if those really are the only moves that kill, I refuse to play a character where I have to spam the same moves over and over, and hope for some idiot to fall for it.
wait a second...

I refuse to play a character where I have to spam the same moves over and over, and hope for some idiot to fall for it
and this applies how to sonic? thats the exact OPPOSITE for sonic, but which applies for every other character. look at snake for example, you can spam uptilt all day, its eventually going to hit. MK is the same with dsmash. marths fsmash, ROB's n-air, fox's upsmash, Dedede b-air... i could go on all day. Sonic is probably the least dependant on spamming kill moves, for a kill than any other character in the game. Seriously, can you name me one other character in the game who has less spammable kill moves?

anyway, short hopped RAR b-airs are fine. that move has enough range to go through many attacks, and is one of the more powerful aerial finishers (i cant remember exactly, but sonics b-air KOs a mario from centre of FD at 134% while things like snake, dedede, ike b-air KO at about 120%)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah lol. Back smash is meant to be what it stood for which is silly for obvious reasons :p

J18

Smash Journeyman
This is the stupidest thread i've ever seen.
Actually that's not true, but this is still a dumb thread. No one cares about your inadequate abilities to play this game, and no one wants to hear you complain about it. Actually do something about it instead of wasting a thread and *****ing about it to everybody, and i'm going to say this again because it's extremely important and it's something that you need to know, NO ONE CARES. There are plenty of helpful threads made on these boards made by very helpful people to HELP you, so take a look instead of complaining.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Then Don't play him.

Otherwise you'll just have to put in a little extra of something called "practice". Sonic is among the most difficult characters to use. Though If you truly believe what you said about Sonic,then my Sonic shall fight your Sonic and then maybe you will realize what you must do.

If no one cared as you said j18,there would be no reply and this topic would die,as it deserves since this forum has a very comprehensive guide for Sonic.

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx
I think sonic is the only character u dont have to spam a move. His speed can link up a next attack. Although hes weak, take advantage of his speed.

sonic_pikachu_666

Smash Rookie
**** This Gay Site Ban Me Please!!!! ****!!!!

K no one make fun off sonic he is my favourite if anything make fun of those *** homo sexual ***gets ice climbers what the **** are they brother and sister **** **** **** THIS SITE IT IS SO GAY **** IT UP THERE STUPID *****

Top Bottom