• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic glitch?

CyberGeek

Smash Rookie
Hello!
So I found a Sonic glitch on the Yoshi's island stage a while back and noticed nobody else was using it. I searched the Internet to see if there was anything about it but I couldn't find anything, I then asked miiverse and the couple of responses I received were asking me how to do it , I even went online performing it in front of others to see if they knew how to do it but they were just confused and a couple accused me of hacking...So I eventually gave up and didn't say anything until now due to not wanting people misusing the glitch and I figured someone would find it and say something eventually but there has been nothing. I'm posting about it now out of curiosity and I kinda got sick of waiting.

The glitch allows Sonic to move (clip) through the ground of the stage.

pro: nobody can reach you
Con: if you don't jump back up to the surface you will fall through the stage and die.

How it works:

-Select sonic on the yoshi's island stage

-Go to the bricks above the pit in the middle of the stage

-Hit the left brick (if you hit any other it will not work)

-Once the brick is spinning run into the ledge continuously

-Eventually sonic will go through the ledge and the stage

The main reason for posting this is just because as I said before I am curious as to how many people actually knew about this, and if you did tell me and if you didn't tell me if you were able to do the glitch or not! (If none of these just tell me what you think of the glitch)

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Can you please upload a replay?

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sure! I should be able to have one up either later today or tomorrow.
That'd be much appreciated.

This sort of sounds like the result of the invincible Spin Dash Roll, which was also present in Brawl and early phases of this game. They patched it out quite a while ago, though.

I wouldn't be surprised if whatever they did to negate that effect caused what it is you're talking about (the iSDR was the easiest to perform on this stage). I've never seen iSDR actually clip through a map.

CyberGeek

Smash Rookie
Added a replay, I assume it is a glitch as I don't see why this would happen otherwise especially for only this character.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Added a replay, I assume it is a glitch as I don't see why this would happen otherwise especially for only this character.
I was completely off, lmfao.

what am i looking at

this is ridiculous

How many other characters have you tested this with?

CyberGeek

Smash Rookie
I've tested it with every character except for cloud and it seems that Sonic is the only one that can do it. You can also use it in all modes. I find it really strange that not many (if anyone else) knows about this glitch it is really easy to do and I found it on accident during a match, not only that but it's been around for a while. Are you able to do the glitch and what do you think about it? Lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I'm sure it wasn't found because this stage is terrible and no one plays on it, lmao.

Haven't tried it out myself, but it looks hilarious.

jaimex2

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jaimex2
Hilarious!

You can get Sonic to clip through the ground in Delphino plaza and hide out for a few seconds too.

When the stage lowers into the town, be on one of the platforms and do your "Sonic speed!" taunt. Sonic will continue to travel down with the platform past the ground.

Top Bottom