• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic *EXCLUSIVE* Advanced Techs

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know any decent Sonic *exclusive* advanced techs? i plan on maining him and I pretty much know all there is to know about his basics, but alas, I do not own a copy of Brawl and thus cannot practice with him.

ninjitsian

Smash Rookie
huh. nice recording. can you l cancel his dair? if you can tan that may ante his threat up by alot

edit: wouldnt it be safe to say that his up b is an A.T. or an exclusive ability since he can attack after he uses it? it is in my opinion anyway

Luigi player

Smash Master
Wow that's really nice Bugball!

So he has no lag at a certain height? Is it only if he's at the exact point, or can he be higher too? If only at a certain height that probably means you need much training...

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
huh. nice recording. can you l cancel his dair? if you can tan that may ante his threat up by alot

edit: wouldnt it be safe to say that his up b is an A.T. or an exclusive ability since he can attack after he uses it? it is in my opinion anyway
no, an upB is not an advanced tech... its pressing upB...

the double fair off the stage isnt even an advance tech, its just rly good. neither is the dair thing really as its made to have no lag if u finish the move in the air before you hit the ground. the closest thing to a adv tech there was the backwards grab and reverse running bair thing, but even those are elementary.

however, i rly like those combos u made. i didnt kno the spring falling can hurt people, and it leads nicely into a lag free dair. also, i didnt kno the fair had the extra hit with knockback at the end, i thought it was a regular drill. it seems to work really good off the stage.

bugball

Smash Apprentice
Wow that's really nice Bugball!

So he has no lag at a certain height? Is it only if he's at the exact point, or can he be higher too? If only at a certain height that probably means you need much training...
for this pseudo "L" cancelling you can be higher too, but if it is a much higher, you wont hit him with dair

bit of practice, in my matches, i spam this upb bair a lot, it's faster than fast falling, also no lag, also maybe you will hit him, also high priority, etc, it's great your know, also you can directional dodge, it's amazing .

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
its not a pseudo l cancel, its completely finishing the move before you u land. the same was in melee. l cancelling was cancelling the lag of the move while still in the middle of it.

bugball

Smash Apprentice
its not a pseudo l cancel, its completely finishing the move before you u land. the same was in melee. l cancelling was cancelling the lag of the move while still in the middle of it.
yes but you can hit the enemy although the move is ended, need practice to make it at just height, cos if you are too higher, you will miss the kick

i know it's not l-cancel, you don't need to press , etc,etc
sorry

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Yeah, I wouldn't say any of these are advanced techs, but the FAir combo was decent. I don't see that working so easily on an actual person, but we'll see I guess. Also, any character can do the backwards grab, so I definitely wouldn't call that "exclusive".

still though lets say you do his move a little low, theres now l cancel for it?
No, all he's saying is that if you do the aerial at the right point in the air, there won't be any lag after hitting the opponent. That can be said for any aerials in Brawl though. As long as the move finishes before you hit the ground, the lag is taken out. Definitely not exclusive to Sonic.

bugball

Smash Apprentice
:( i feel really sad at reading this posts, at this point i will remove the vid....xDD

i only post the vid with some tecnices, ok, they aren't avanced tech but,, i don't think that any other character will do instant back grab better than sonic you know , speed

also as i said, i try this tech with human , but i recorded the vid this morning, so nobody with play against , it's strange, but fair combo it's very easy to do, maybe big hitbox?

also , dair of sonic is "special", and a big coincidence when you press jump+upb, or upb , youre just in the point where u hit and suffer no lag...

only post the vid for this reasons :p

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
dont remove the vid, were just saying they arent "advanced techs." the double fair off the stage and the upB to dair are good combos. i definitely enjoyed the video. a little shaky, but it was good

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
dont remove the vid, were just saying they arent "advanced techs." the double fair off the stage and the upB to dair are good combos. i definitely enjoyed the video. a little shaky, but it was good
Yeah, that's all I was saying. If it works, that double FAir off the stage will be amazing. I think the upB into the DAir will just be too noticeable of a setup though. Maybe it will work as a decent edgeguard. Can't wait until this game finally comes out in March, so I can test this stuff myself.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the upB to dair might start to get noticeable, and tough trying to get the right distance, but it can really lead into anything. just knowing the spring hurts is good against opponents who keep doing aerials or chasing you like a falco would. spring hits him for damage and gets you out of there to safety, and you can land easily into any aerial or a air dodge

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
Do you know if Sonic is able to ledge grab from his Over B?
And also see if he's able to stall using the homing attack. Since it has lag before executed, it might be able to infinite stall

Top Bottom