• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic ditto???

Grantendo

Smash Rookie
Hey fellow Sonic mains.. I just had a really frustrating experience on the "for glory 1v1" mode. After about 5 matches pounding this random little mac with sonic, he chooses Sonic for the next match (I assume that he was pissed off at this point).

So all this guy did was dash attack (side A while running) me until I was at high % and then got lucky on a side smash and after he kills me, he runs away until the timer ends!! Seriously pissed me off... All im asking is for a couple advise so this doesnt happen again:

-Are there any ways to punish dash attacking (grab out of shield doesn't work!)?
-What are some good ways to keep in mind when dealing with a raging noob sonic players?
-In general, what should I keep in mind for future sonic dittos?

Also, this is for the 3ds version of course. Thanks guys!

-Grantendo

Last edited:

infomon

Smash Scientist
uuuuugggggh sonic dittos are the worst

especially in laggy wifi

I just had a frustrating experience with it on for glory 1v1.... but I won. But don't worry, I was never L'il Mac so I'm not your troll-rival :D

But srsly this matchup kinda sucks. Probably just have to look for patterns: when does he spindash, when does he dash-attack, at what spacing etc. Sonic's zones are huge because of how fast he is, but it's all pretty scripted/linear.

Glitchin

Smash Rookie
Yeah dash attacks are easy to punish. When he's coming try to be where you think he'll end up and time it right to shield and go right. He'll be helpless and you can literally charge up a forward smash if you do it right. This strategy works for almost every characters dash attack.

Top Bottom