• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Sonic+] Chaos Control Sonic (Timers) gameplay.

Tenki

Smash Hero
So, I was celebrating the end of finals with some friends and they put in Pig Brawl (Brawl+ except projectile models are replaced with TL's pig lolol).

Anyway, that's almost unrelated now, because I suggested playing with Smokebombs and Timers on High, so we did this.

There's 2 kinds of timer effects:
- Target is slowed (specific characters)
- All gameplay is slowed (except projectiles?), for everyone.

I didn't know about this, but if your character gets hit by the char-specific slowdown in B+, really freaky things start happening:
+ Momentum changing moves go crazy.
+ Most attacks get broken IASA frames.
- If the slowed character gets grabbed, they start wildly moving left and right at high speeds, usually teleporting them to their death.

So, that said, I got hit by the char-specific slowdown as I was recovering, and I did spinshot (to recover), only to have Sonic fly 1.3x higher than spring, ACROSS FD, and into the left KO wall.

So now I present you with
CHAOS CONTROL SONIC
The metagame we've been waiting for.
wat.
- This is basically the Sonic that you control for the few moments when someone else gets a timer and you become the target of the char-specific slowdown. You get movement changes, and you also don't ever wanna get grabbed.

Changes:
- Spring launches you to the top of the screen - estimated rising time is about 5 seconds?
- Spindash movements are very slippery - you travel much faster, but at the same time, things like turnaround animation is slowed because of timer effect.

Aerials:
D-air is almost useless now. You start falling DURING the startup animation, but because of his slowed animation, the hitbox never comes out.

Grounded:
GROUNDED MOVES HAVE LOL IASA PROPERTIES - almost all of them (only checked specific ones) have almost instant IASA.

Taunts: EVERY TAUNT HAS INSTANT IASA.
THINK ABOUT THIS.

Throws?
I don't remember much about throws, so I don't remember any changes. However, you really don't want to get grabbed, and I place much emphasis on this.

Now the important part: ATs!
#1: YOU’RE TOO SLOW:
- All taunts have IASA, so you can constantly keep restarting side-taunt.

#2: YOU’RE TOO SLOW MEGAMIX
- Combined with FUTURISTIC MOVEMENT ACTION, use D-smash and with the timing of a pro, hit side taunt. Result: Sonic will move faster than you've ever seen him, clear about up to half of FD's distance, then force your opponent into a helpless rage because he really is too slow.

#3:FUTURISTIC MOVEMENT ACTION
- Abuse D-smash's instant IASA and repeatedly use it when it's in front / behind you to move forwards/backwards. You can also crouch out of this in B+, to get a wavedash-like effect.

#4:COMBAT WALK
-Repeatedly tap A to do a jab1>jab2. Surprisingly fast.
- Similarly, repeatedly cancel d-tilt for a low sliding movement.

#5:SPINSHOT
- much higher. much farther.

This is the beginning of a new metagame.

But beware, Sonic is by no means the top tier of this new
Future gameplay action.
Here are peeks into other characters' gameplay:
- Lucas/Ness in Timer mode are hilarious. Their d-tilt hits as fast as you do, and their PK Fire also launches as fast as you can press. Lucas's actually propels him backwards in midair, so if he does it while rising, he can pretty much fly.

- Luigi Nair has frightening potential. So much that one move pretty much sums up what happens:
If he's rising (fullhop) and you get hit by N-air (it's a sex kick), he will rise with you and be able to spam as many Nairs as he can while you're in his hitbox. 40-100% KO. Theorycraft implies he can also nail a sweetspot upB during this time, but I forgot to test it.

- Dedede's minions can be invisible. Still not sure what's going on, but sometimes you can see them.

- Metaknight's D-tilt is ... powerful. It also has instant IASA as well as propels him forward.

And last, but not least,
- Donkey Kong is absolutely worthless. None of his hitboxes come out, and if you grab him while he's slowed, he pretty much dies.

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I liked the part where Donkey Kong became more nonviable than he already was in vBrawl.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, the same thing happens in bBrawl. I don't know what code causes such a thing.

Wolf's Fsmash lets him moonwalk across the stage. Falcon and Ganon's specials cause them to fly off the screen and die. Moves with hitboxes less than 5 frames in will hit multiple times if you mash buttons (like MK nair).

And mario can shoot and endless stream of fireballs, kind of like firebreath but better.

Its cool that mods with competitive intent made item play even more awesome.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yea, the same thing happens in bBrawl. I don't know what code causes such a thing.

Wolf's Fsmash lets him moonwalk across the stage. Falcon and Ganon's specials cause them to fly off the screen and die. Moves with hitboxes less than 5 frames in will hit multiple times if you mash buttons (like MK nair).

And mario can shoot and endless stream of fireballs, kind of like firebreath but better.

Its cool that mods with competitive intent made item play even more awesome.
Oh weird, didn't expect that in bBrawl.

I thought it had something to do with physics changes in say, brawl+
----------

Falcon/Ganon kick: The same things happened with Falcon/Ganon in B+.

Luigi/Mario's fireballs as well as Ness/Lucas PK Fire both had that same effect lol, except Luigi's seemed to have a max amount (otherwise, it'd reset)

And the MK N-air thing, lulz, because that's basically what happened to Luigi's N-air.

Luigi's B-air can be cancelled when it pushes him as a sort of extra movement thing.

This also implies the same for Sonic's B-air/U-air, but I forgot if his had IASA (his N-air doesn't have the instant cancel frames =/ )

Top Bottom