• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic Boom Alt costume.

W¡ndy

Smash Cadet
Is sonic going to get an alt costume based on his Sonic Boom appearence

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
I Sure as Heck hope not. I personally think the redesigns are bad and SEGA should feel bad.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Personally I really enjoy the designs and find them completely acceptable for an AU series based on our little rodent friend. It's a bit weird to see Sonic all super-lanky and there are bandages everywhere, but whatever. People like Sora and he's just a big zipper.

As for a design in Project M as an Alt Costume the whole thing came out yesterday. I honestly hope he gets this. Up until this point I didn't think there were any good designs that were different enough that kept the same basic model.

Player -0

Smash Hero
I don't the PMBR will do it officially because of the C&D stuff.

Personally the trailer made me cry (especially the cartoon trailer). Knuckles is super jock-like, Sonic kills the robot in 2 seconds after Tails goes flying, Sonic ran slow-mo. It was just like childhood ruined.

Edit: It was probably just me crying about the cartoon one, it's just ehhhhh. The game looks like it could be a good open world.

Last edited:

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
Personally the trailer made me cry (especially the cartoon trailer). Knuckles is super jock-like, Sonic kills the robot in 2 seconds after Tails goes flying, Sonic ran slow-mo. It was just like childhood ruined.
This. Just This.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I personally would like to see an adaptation of "Boom" Sonic as an alt costume in Project M. I like the design a lot and I think it would be relatively easy to get into the game.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The butthurt in this thread is indescribably hilarious.

I honestly think it's his best option as far as alternate costumes go. It's not the best design (such tape), but it's certainly nowhere near as bad as the **** Pac-Man and his ilk have been through. Everybody just needs to man up and stop whining about what color his arms are.

**** no. Get the SA2B racing outfit complete with SA2 shoes.
Eugh. Funny how everyone complains about all the unnecessary details on Boom Sonic then advocate what is literally just a spandex suit with red and black lines all over it.

Personally the trailer made me cry (especially the cartoon trailer).
Yeesh...

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The sport's tape and scarf actually are practical pieces of attire. The sports tape is the result of a practice known as "spatting", where athletes put the sports tape over the parts of the body they use most during their athletic activity. It apparently prevents injuries, such as twisted ankles.

The scarf makes sense because at the speeds Sonic runs at, having a bare neck is highly impractical, as the wind and it's debris would lash away at his skin. Pilots actually wear scarves around their neck if they have an open cockpit for the very same reason.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
The sport's tape and scarf actually are practical pieces of attire. The sports tape is the result of a practice known as "spatting", where athletes put the sports tape over the parts of the body they use most during their athletic activity. It apparently prevents injuries, such as twisted ankles.
It's not practicality. He's a blue cartoon hedgehog. It's because a lot of designs these days have needless details and generally share a universal "gimmick" (this one being the sports tape), and makes all the characters look a little more uniform. I think it's pretty unnecessary and is very akin to the gross design flaws in many anime characters (ergo, made of belts, buckles, and zippers). I don't hate it, though.

The scarf makes sense because at the speeds Sonic runs at, having a bare neck is highly impractical, as the wind and it's debris would lash away at his skin. Pilots actually wear scarves around their neck if they have an open cockpit for the very same reason.
At the speeds Sonic runs at, a scarf would be torn to pieces and likely catch so much wind that it'd strangle him. Again, he's a cartoon hedgehog. The scarf looks good on him (although I wish it wasn't diarrhea brown), though it's not nearly as "Wow, that looks GOOOOOD" as Link's new scarf.

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
The butthurt in this thread is indescribably hilarious.

I honestly think it's his best option as far as alternate costumes go. It's not the best design (such tape), but it's certainly nowhere near as bad as the **** Pac-Man and his ilk have been through. Everybody just needs to man up and stop whining about what color his arms are.

Eugh. Funny how everyone complains about all the unnecessary details on Boom Sonic then advocate what is literally just a spandex suit with red and black lines all over it.

Yeesh...
That condescending attitude.

I didn't support any other stuff, I just gave my opinion on the Sonic Boom Alt. Costume Idea. I think an Alt. Costume of it could look cool but C&D stuff would probably ensue.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
That condescending attitude.
I wouldn't be so condescending if people weren't whining about what is completely irrelevant to the primary Sonic series. This isn't what Sonic looks like now, it's just an AU spin-off. Consider a Metroid fan's situation, in which their primary villain got a complete (horrible) makeover and their protagonist got fleshed out in the worst way possible, all of which is undeniably canon.

People who're getting upset about Sonic Boom should also be upset that Sonic wore a necklace and had siblings in Sonic Underground, since it's literally the same situation besides the fact that Sonic Boom is getting a game.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
From TV Tropes:

• Shown Their Work:
    • The bandaging on Sonic and Tails' shoes? That's called spatting, a practice in which athletes wrap sports tape around their shoes and ankles for stability and to protect their feet and ankles from injury.
    • Sonic's new Scarf of Asskicking actually has some practicality: wind chill at the kind of speeds Sonic achieves can be murder on one's neck. This is a big reason why airplane pilots during World War I wore scarves, themselves: to protect their necks.
    • The bandages around Knuckles' arms and hands? Boxing tape. Serves the same purpose as Sonic and Tails' spatting, only for his hands and wrists.
    • Amy's handwraps and sarashi, too, are justified by the ginormous hammer she carries.

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
I wouldn't be so condescending if people weren't whining about what is completely irrelevant to the primary Sonic series. This isn't what Sonic looks like now, it's just an AU spin-off.
Wait, this isn't a change that will be forever? Yes! All of my hate towards this idea is now gone. I thought they were just changing him forever. :T Oh well. Thanks very much for bringing me to this knowlage! :D

Angry Drunk Chav

Smash Cadet
Skrillex on a Sonic advert, legitimately thought about hanging my self when I saw this.

Didn't think Sonic could disappoint me any more than he already has in the past few years, but they did it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wait a minute....

Sonic doesn't have a neck...
Actually, he does in his Modern Sonic model, it's just very hard to see in-game or even in a cutscene. A 3D modelling program is a surefire way to see it. And he evidently has one in his Boom model because the bottom of his head has a gap between the top of his chest, that the scarf is covering.

been a huge sonic fan all my life and while at first I did find this laughable but then I stopped being overwhelmed by nostalgia, I haven't got any issues with any characters design except knuckles. Besides the show looks better than sonic underground....you were a child then and you cant lie that show was awful. I think both the game and show look decent and having some of naughty dogs old employees on the development team give me alot of hope for the game.

Top Bottom