• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic and Kindom hearts guy

Status
Not open for further replies.

B_Smash07

Smash Apprentice
Sonic and that guy from kingdom hearts(i believe his name is sora...
) have just gotten way better chances at brawl. First is sonic. Nintendo and sega have very recently started work on a game for the ds and wii called "Mario and Sonic at the olympic games". Gay title. Gayer concept. But the point remains this: With the coming together of the chubby italian plummer and the nimble blue hedgehog, what is stoping sonic from being in brawl?

Now for sora. This may be known, but a game titled "mushroom kingdom hearts" is set for release this holiday season. Essentially, It will be kingdom hearts-ff characters+Mario characters. Once again, the coming together of genres. and best of all, MARIO GETS A KEYBLADE!

This news is from a semi-reliable source, so if any1 has any more info on this, feel free to correct me.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
uh... mind citing your sources? and this thread will probbaly be closed and a mod will probaly insult you then tell you to search.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Did you read that in EGM? 'Cause chances are, it was or April fools. Look at the month of the issue and search the magazine for any other ridiculous stories [I did and that one was the most ridculous] and if you don't see any other ridculous stories than that one is April fools.

Don't feel bad, it nearly caught me too, it would've been awesome.

The sonic one is legit though.

spitts_180

Smash Rookie
im pretty sure only sonic has a chance of making because of Sonic and Mario olyimpics.

GraniteJJ

Smash Cadet
Good grief. Someone is reading some stale periodicals.

First, the Mario and Sonic game is a recent announcement, and it may not even be out by the time Super Smash Bros. is. Why would they announce a lame attempt at bringing Mario and Sonic together only to obscure it in the shadow of Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Second, the Mushroom Kingdom Hearts article in Electronic Gaming Monthly was their annual April Fool's prank. The game is not in development at all. In fact, the developer of Kingdom Hearts is not even working on a Kingdom Hearts game right now. He is establishing a new trilogy. And furthermore, the artwork of Mario holding a keyblade is merely edited promotional artwork from Super Mario Sunshine. Notice how Mario is wearing the strap-on belt that comes with F.L.U.D.D.

Yeah. Kind of gives it away.

So, Sora and Sonic have the same chances as anyone else.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
) have just gotten way better chances at brawl. First is sonic. Nintendo and sega have very recently started work on a game for the ds and wii called "Mario and Sonic at the olympic games". Gay title. Gayer concept. But the point remains this: With the coming together of the chubby italian plummer and the nimble blue hedgehog, what is stoping sonic from being in brawl?

Now for sora. This may be known, but a game titled "mushroom kingdom hearts" is set for release this holiday season. Essentially, It will be kingdom hearts-ff characters+Mario characters. Once again, the coming together of genres. and best of all, MARIO GETS A KEYBLADE!

This news is from a semi-reliable source, so if any1 has any more info on this, feel free to correct me.
Home for the special called. They want their ****** back.

Yes, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics is a nice, happy idea, and the title fits.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
CONGRADULATIONS! You just posted old news!

CONGRADULATIONS! You fell for an April Fool's Joke!

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
NEW AND EXCITING!/sarcasm

I wish I could find that picture where the guy's going all "All right! Old news!".... I saw it here once, can't remember when or which thread though.....

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
To give them credit, unlike that Wind Waker prank (perspectives were all over the place, the lighting didn't match up etc.) that Mario Keyblade render was incredibly well photoshoped. However, it would've helped to of used a more obscure Sora render though. XP

The Director

Smash Lord
I can understand how people still get confused over magazine mishaps and trickery...when I was working at Best Buy, a kid (he had to have only been around 8 or 9 years old) came in and said that his friend saw an article for a game called 'X-Box Melee' (Microsoft's version of Smash) with Chief as the lead character.

I tried to tell him it wasn't real, and was most likely an April Fool's joke, (this was late March) but he didn't believe me.

I still think Mushroom Kingdom Hearts is a great idea. Square should just jump the Sony ship and switch the KH franchise over to Wii........

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Do we really? Need about 12 people to say the same thing over and over in the same topic?

Seriously, do we really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom