• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sonic alternate costume ideas.

DX.Kingz

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I know that with the clone engine progress and the character releases as of late there is a lot of good stuff happening with project m. Yet as i was watching some turbo vids one thing stood out for a moment. The return of doctor mario as an alternate costume for mario, and even armored mewtwo?! These are all astounding changes i had not even considered before, and than I started to think...What would an alternate for Sonic be? So far I'm 100% sure there has been much thought and many suggestions.

Metal Sonic

Shadow

Supersonic

etc.

But there was one that just came to me out of nowhere, what of the ninja outfit from the comic? Here's an example I found randomly on google (all props to the artist I did not make this)

Well this is just an idea that came to mind i wanted to share. Though there are plenty of other ideas out there so that's why I'm making this thread. So everyone can post there ideas for one.

Also P.S. I am still a bit new to the site and if there is already a thread for this forgive my rudeness and please let me know and I will cancel this asap.

Nazo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Nazoplex
Dark Spine Sonic. Easy alt costume that doesn't require editing his quills or changing his voice to match the character.

DX.Kingz

Smash Rookie
The spindash Idea is surely a welcome change, and Darkspine sonic would be awesome....I wonder if they could even put little flame effects on some attacks to, that would be epic. Oh and found another one the evil sonic costume.

EVIL_SONIC.jpg

Which again I did not draw just something i found floating on google. Though not a bad option, it would simply be a jacket add on and shoe color change or revamp. Which shouldn't be too out there I believe. Yet thin again just a theory, with this it would give way to a scourge look with the green color or a super scourge with the purple.

DX.Kingz

Smash Rookie
Ok so from what I gathered from the site post, it's official that Shadow and Metal Sonic are out. An Darky Shiranui has a point about the Scrouge outfit, that ones kinda on thin ice.

However we do have some pretty solid contenders so far.

For one the SA2B Racing suit. A throw back to the good old days with lots of color potential, besides when it comes to Sonic nostalgia I'm sold. The Darkspine Sonic would be a rather easy and innovative costume change. An the colors and striping would make for a very intimidating look considering it shares so many similarities to Dark Sonic a known fan fav. The Ninja Sonic (or stealth suit) would be nice but to be honest, the outfit is kinda up in the air because so few actually know about it. Yet that's no automatic dismiss hear.

Also this one is just another random idea but what do you guys think about this one...Excalibur Sonic (No sword)
excalibur_sonic_by_winonaheart.png

Now I thought about this and to be honest seeing this in project M with other colors or as a stand alone would be awesome, but than again just an idea.

Neptune Shiranui

Shadow Streak~
NNID
Darky_Shiranui
Darkspine Sonic and excalibur Sonic are really awesome, but I don't think forms of a character are acceptable seeing as mega form pokemon aren't allowed either :(

SonicMario

Smash Master
No one's mentioned Classic Sonic in this thread yet?

Granted even if Classic Sonic's not an alt, I'll just use a Classic Sonic mod I found on Brawl Vault to replace one of Sonic's costumes for 3.0 (Since I've already done so for 2.6b). But having a PMBR made one would be cool.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
No one's mentioned Classic Sonic in this thread yet?

Granted even if Classic Sonic's not an alt, I'll just use a Classic Sonic mod I found on Brawl Vault to replace one of Sonic's costumes for 3.0 (Since I've already done so for 2.6b). But having a PMBR made one would be cool.
Classic Sonic is Smaller then Modern Sonic so it would affect hitboxes and hurtboxes.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Classic Sonic is Smaller then Modern Sonic so it would affect hitboxes and hurtboxes.
I very much understand that. And I know it's a good reason for why they wouldn't do it. Albeit the model I use for Brawl Vault doesn't go to Generations size. (The model oddly enough is slightly taller then Modern Sonic)

(Apologies for low quality. Taken with 3DS Camera over the Gamepad screen)

So it's possible they could shape Classic Sonic to be more along this lines (Maybe just a little bit smaller to match Modern Sonic's height) but regardless the model works perfectly with Project 2.6b. So even if it's improbable for PMBR to have one pre-made. I'll have one in the ready xP

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I very much understand that. And I know it's a good reason for why they wouldn't do it. Albeit the model I use for Brawl Vault doesn't go to Generations size. (The model oddly enough is slightly taller then Modern Sonic)

(Apologies for low quality. Taken with 3DS Camera over the Gamepad screen)

So it's possible they could shape Classic Sonic to be more along this lines (Maybe just a little bit smaller to match Modern Sonic's height) but regardless the model works perfectly with Project 2.6b. So even if it's improbable for PMBR to have one pre-made. I'll have one in the ready xP
yes, you can change a character`s size, but then it looks weird. Like charmander being Charazard`s height or a giant pikmin that is olimar`s height. Classic Sonic is supposed to be the shorter, younger sonic.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
yes, you can change a character`s size, but then it looks weird. Like charmander being Charazard`s height or a giant pikmin that is olimar`s height. Classic Sonic is supposed to be the shorter, younger sonic.

Pikachu should only be a fifth of Mewtwo's height but in Smash he stands up to his neckline. It happens all the time.

TheHauntedSkull

Smash Rookie
Dude, all of the costumes suggested so far are just plain AWESOME. I'd rather all of them than a single one. Great ideas!!!!

Top Bottom