• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

somewhat useless, yet interesting SL tech

ace156

Smash Apprentice
IF THIS IS OLD, just lock the topic and i apologize but i havent seen any information on a double hit connecting from a reverse shuttle loop.

I was just in a practice match against a CPU bowser when we were both on the ground and i accidently performed a reverse grounded shuttle loop. normally when a shuttle loop hits the initial forward blast makes them go too far away to hit any more of the hitboxes in a SL. but in this instance bowser was knocked up into the air and then recieved a secondary hit causing 15% damage total instead of 9%.
i have just tried testing it on other characters (mainly the taller ones such as ganon, snake, DDD, and ike) and found its basically character specific to bowser for some reason.

i know this is not an extreme find, but maybe theres some potential with a reverse connecting shuttle loop (it works both grounded or if MK jumps to revers the SL). i dont have a video but its pretty simple to reproduce in training mode against bowser.

if it was possible to perform on any character doing a reverse grounded SL theres an extra 6% or so that could be added on each time and would also mindgame any opponent not expecting it.(such as the opponent avoiding a normal SL and hitting MK out of the flip)

the best percent that i found to do this on was between 30 and 50%

SHORT VERSION: do a reverse shuttle loop (ground or aerial) and do 15% instead of 9% against bowser because you hit twice not once.

**edit: as a side note the grounded/aerial Shuttle Loop is performed very close to bowser, to reproduce it dash into a reversed SL when your basically in front of bowser.
this should explain somewhat better

ace156

Smash Apprentice
haha i posted this in hopes that it would be plausible to use on other characters, its just that bowser was who i found it to work on first.
i hope its not specific to bowser, i just didnt have much time to test it out on all the cast with how exactly it works or why

edit:
i believe the main mechanic is that the reverse hit of the SL does the same damage of a forward SL but instead of knocking the opponent far it just hits them up into the air and then they get hit when MK loops around.

Top Bottom