• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somewhat interesting mindgame

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
When I play mewtwo, mostly just for a change of paste, I try to "Cut the fool" with him and try odd things.

Anyway, when you launch a fully charged shadow ball in air, it sends you back quite forcefully as you know so I thought I'd use that in a setup.

I know its a total waste of a shadow ball to throw it like that but it may be for the best if they are good at avoiding it. I shorthopped and turned around in the air, tossed the ball..it sent me slliding towards him and as I hit the ground, I turned around and f-smashed him..probably nothing great or all that useful but I liked it and thought I would share.

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
When I play mewtwo, mostly just for a change of paste, I try to "Cut the fool" with him and try odd things.

Anyway, when you launch a fully charged shadow ball in air, it sends you back quite forcefully as you know so I thought I'd use that in a setup.

I know its a total waste of a shadow ball to throw it like that but it may be for the best if they are good at avoiding it. I shorthopped and turned around in the air, tossed the ball..it sent me slliding towards him and as I hit the ground, I turned around and f-smashed him..probably nothing great or all that useful but I liked it and thought I would share.
Wait a minute...what?

Volt Tackle

Smash Cadet
He's saying that he fired a shadow ball away from his opponent, and took advantage of the backwards propulsion that followed to quickly follow up with an f-smash.

I do this too sometimes. Just one of the many uses for the move.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
meh, there are better uses for a shadow ball then one suprize move. Yes it definatly trips your opponent out, but you just cannot throw away those fully charged shadow balls like candy. They can ko most opponents at around 70% so use it wisely.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
use of it for recovery does seem useful... although... mewtwos recovery is already pretty **** good...
otherwise... funny thing to use in a friendly when you're up 3 stocks

soap

Smash Hero
this gives me an idea, ima try to use it to get behind my opponents shield and attack from behind like a super wavedash.

quak

Smash Champion
yeah, it's good for a quick, last ditch effort for recovery if you already used ur second jump. But if you can't make it back, best just try to hit your opponent with it.

Moo2

Smash Cadet
you could always try a super-ultra double team by throwing the shadowball mid-air as your partner throws up a guy while you use your propulsion to nair into the guy on the other side, which would make him go to your ally because you are going the other way
Simple Version(sorry for the suck)
_____ M
__AE_______E
/\/\/\/\
spacing

super far-fetched, but would be awesome

then again, mewtwo isnt that great in teams

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
the only time i would release a fullcharged SB into the air is when i am recovering, intercepted and loss my second jump, still above stage level, but DI and teleport is not enough to get me to the ledge.

those situations DO come every once in a while though.

other scenarios include going under FD =]

Top Bottom