• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sometimes my Jump Attack doesn't work.

RedyBz

Smash Cadet
First of all, I'm feeling bad about making this thread. A week ago I started playing Brawl again and there's something bothering me. It's as the title says. Sometimes when I try to jump attack like doing a short hop>nair or even a special attack, my character will do nothing but jump... I thought it was just the character I was using first, but apparently it's the same with everyone.

For example with Toon Link:

I'm short hoping using Y then right after as my character is jumping, I press B to shoot an arrow...but nothing came out, he's simply just jumping. It doesn't always do this but I'd say around 3 out of 15 tries it will though. Now before someone says it could be my controller, I don't think it's that because it does this with all my 3 gc controllers. I also put Melee to see if it was me doing something wrong, but I can do everything perfectly in there. So I came to the conclusion it's something wrong with Brawl and my timing...if there is. Could it be I'm doing it too fast? It wouldn't make sense but who knows. Oh well, that's pretty much it.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
There's some sort of dead frame(s) in the short hop. Go to training mode and try it in slow motion. It's even easier to notice there.

RedyBz

Smash Cadet
So that's what is it!! Thanks alot, I can sleep better at night now, it was really bothering me, you know. But I have to say that's really a stupid mechanic. I probably hate it even more than tripping, no joke. And considering I'm playing on a hdtv it doesn't really help, lol.

Top Bottom