• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something wrong with my ears? HELP ME DR. PROOM. And with that, Dr. Proom Helped. YAY

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Two days ago I come home from getting something to eat with two buddies of mine... I walk in and eventually just made some more food, heh.

In the midst of chomping down some sundried tomato pizza I hear this loud buzzing in my ears, almost like a lawn mower? I try to cover my ears while still holding/eating the pizza, but it was impossible so I scurried into my room where I thought I could escape the sound (sounded like it was in the other yard).

Unfortunately, after shutting my door, closing the window, huddling up under blankets and pillows... the sound was as loud as ever.

And that's not all. I started to hear other violently highpitched sounds as well.

A buzzsaw shredding some sort of metal, little kids screaming outside, dogs barking, church bells and organs, electric keyboards, conversations taking place in the upstairs apartment as well as what seemed to be... the whole street, an operatic voice, the sound of my ceiling fan shaking, my friend's band practice, doors slamming, and maybe a few other noises... I wasn't exactly trying to remember them all.

The whole time I am holding my ears and I can FEEL them bumping like speakers emitting their own shrieking noise.

I called some friends up to talk me through it but for some reason I began to realize that there's no way some of the more realistic sounds could have been going on for this long. Someone was mowing their lawn for 3 hours? Every house on the block has a pretty small backyard. Doesn't seem possible.

While talking on the phone it felt like I wasn't exactly hearing the noises with my ears but they were just taking place in my brain. I was able to hear the voices of my friends as clear as day.

Now, yesterday I went to the doctor and got examined. He said I do in fact have a minor ear infection, but failed to answer most of my questions.

How could all that be a result of a minor ear infection? Was I having an audible hallucination or something? I wasn't on drugs, either.

If anyone has any idea as to what it coulda been just throw it out there 'cause I would like to prevent this from happening ever again as it was the most painful experience I've ever suffered. :"|

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I think it's called Tinnitus. But yeah the buzzing may be an indicator of hearing loss from listening to too much loud stuff, but with how noisy our world is, everyone is gonna experience it at least once.

http://www.ata.org/

could give you more information about it.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
One time my sister told me that her friend had a bug stuck in her ear when she slept. Like it was really lodged in there. She had experianced buzzing in her ear, and had to get some of it sergically removed, but she couldn't get all of it because it would dammage her ear canal. I highly doubt the same has happened to you... because the chance of that occuring is like 1 in 1,000,000,000!

But anyways, yea keep us updated on what happens, I'd like to know myself.

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
for a minute it sounded like you had superhuman hearing.
You know... I actually thought that for a moment. That would be pretty cool. <__<;

I think it's called Tinnitus. But yeah the buzzing may be an indicator of hearing loss from listening to too much loud stuff, but with how noisy our world is, everyone is gonna experience it at least once.

http://www.ata.org/

could give you more information about it.
Ah, thank you! I'll have to read some of this when I get a chance.

Top Bottom