• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something wierd happened

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Okay, when I was at FD I used Wolf Illusion. The length was just right to where I'll have enough to reach the ledge.... maybe a little bit of extra. It was angled slightly under the edge. However, when I hit the ledge I did a scar. Except I didn't go through the stage. He done it like when you're at Yoshi's Island and he follows the ground. It seems I done to over b's instantly and canceled the ledge grab.

IDK what to call it. I would first like to know if it's a new discovery.

saviorslegacy

Okay... I've tested it further and discovered how to do it. You know when ever Wolf just hits the edge with his Illusion and starts falling? Well... I have a bad habbit of hammering a button before the character does the action. :/ When I used his Illusion I hit the lip and immedetly used a second Illusion (the half cancel one where you gain more thrust to the side) a little bit down and to the side of the ledge. Resulting in a what apperared to be a Fox/Falco Illusion. If you could get your timing down this tech we be really useful.

*note* The second time I done this tech I was being edge hogged. So it's a good anti edge hog too!

ps I have decided to name it "Illusion Rebound."

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Just so you know, there's a Q&A thread for stuff like this.

I believe you are referring to what is called 'lightstepping', where you use side B, but end up hitting the ledge in a way that you appear to be standing off the stage and you have your second jump back. You ended up lightstepping and then did an illusion cancel right after because you were still holding towards the stage and spamming B. It's difficult to use well, but lightstepping is helpful for ledge games, just ask Omniswell, he uses it very nicely.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Lol, don't stress yourself too much over it.

Spend time getting better with your characters rather than trying to discover new things.

saviorslegacy

I wasn't trying to discover something new. I never do. I just train and if I see something wierd a make a thread. Most of the time it's something new that someone else just discovered or it's old and forgotton. -_-

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Don't worry about it, I've made a few threads about random moves spiking because I'm delusional (apparently...). It happens, and it's still appreciated that people share this stuff on the off-chance that it's something new. And hey, at least you didn't try to name anything after yourself :)

saviorslegacy

Nah, that would suck. I mean, what would I call it, Savior Dashing, Legacy Rebound?

lol The Illusion Rebound would actually be a pretty good name for a tech.

I'm curious, are you guys talking about when you like auto appear on the ledge by using Illusion? Cause if you are then we're not on the same page. -_-

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm talking about a ledge-cancelled sideB, so you hit the ledge but end up standing on top of thin air and you have your second jump back. Isn't that what happened, and then you used sideB again after the ledge-cancelled one, but cancelled that sideB into the short one?

Wattage

Smash Rookie
Resulting in a what apperared to be a Fox/Falco Illusion.
Well, savior when you preformed the second illusion did you simply go through the level as you would in a scar, did you hit the ledge and begin falling again (with your second jump back), or was is a completely horizontal illusion?

saviorslegacy

I'm talking about a ledge-cancelled sideB, so you hit the ledge but end up standing on top of thin air and you have your second jump back. Isn't that what happened, and then you used sideB again after the ledge-cancelled one, but cancelled that sideB into the short one?
That's exactly what happened.

Top Bottom