• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something weird happened with pikachu

Arrogant Commander

Banned via Administration
so i was practicing against a level 9 fox and i quicked attacked onto stage. the fox powersheilded and pikachu slide across the stage, like samus super wavedashing. i had already used both quickattacks, so i have no idea what happened. am i dumb and confused about some already know tech? is it a glitch? did i discover something? hopefully someone can answer these questions. heres a diagram i did in paint. the red is my quick attack but the blue is where i super wavedashed to. i also shielded after.

_trix_

Smash Apprentice
That's what happens when an attack of equal priority(such as pikachus own thunderjolt) clanks with pikachus up b. I never knew that could happen with powershielding though.

Arrogant Commander

That's what happens when an attack of equal priority(such as pikachus own thunderjolt) clanks with pikachus up b. I never knew that could happen with powershielding though.
He may have not powershielded. I assumed he did since it happened quickly and a lot of cpus do it, but it may have been a jab or something. Thanks though!

proxibomb

Smash Clown
He may have not powershielded. I assumed he did since it happened quickly and a lot of cpus do it, but it may have been a jab or something. Thanks though!
It's a glitch. Whatever happened was done because of Pika's up-b properties like _trix_ _trix_ said. I assume trying to replicate this would take forever, so lets just assume it was a powershield or shine.

Arrogant Commander

Since this glitch doesn't have a proper name, it is henceforth known as The Arrogant Up-B!! (named after yours truly)

N64

Smash Champion
While I appreciate the enthusiasm, most people just call it the pika super wavedash. Not entirely creative or accurate, but that's what it's known as.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
How about the Electric Slide?

Swift?

Quick Slide?

any takers, eh? EH!? heehee

The Arrogant Up-B is silly, doubt anyone would use that. Plus it reminds me of when some kid is a tryhard and attempts to make up some rad nickname for themselves, that's not how it works *womp womp*

Arrogant Commander

How about the Electric Slide?

Swift?

Quick Slide?

any takers, eh? EH!? heehee

The Arrogant Up-B is silly, doubt anyone would use that. Plus it reminds me of when some kid is a tryhard and attempts to make up some rad nickname for themselves, that's not how it works *womp womp*
Shoulda named it before me, ya missed out

chipz

Smash Apprentice
its a super wavedash like samus
if you want to call it after yourself go for it, just dont expect people to call it something new

Top Bottom