• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something useful about his fireballs being 10 Pounds

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
When I was playing with my friend, he was megaman and launched me up with his UpSmash. I moved right, and put fireballs down for pressure. These are very good in the air, in my opinion. They fall very fast, too, so they are good for air pressure before you get back on the ground. Compared to Project M, they aren't as good, but they are better than brawls.

Oddly enough, when I was applying pressure from the air I hit my friend with a fireball and it had JUST enough hitstun for a follow up. In this case, I followed up with a Fair combined with another Fair after he bounced, spiking him as well. If this could work with all of his aerials, this could lead to something interesting.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I agree. The fireballs feel much better despite falling faster.

Last edited:

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Nothing new honestly...

You could talk to me all day about Fireballs and actually practical ways to use them.
I did this in Brawl XD .

I just thought I would make this thread because people are saying his fireballs are useless now when they actually aren't.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Fireballs have never been useless. They've just never been understood well given Mario never has anything "guaranteed" from them.

Two ways they should generally be used more:
1. Grounded to slow down enemy approaches
2. After F-throw at moderate percents. F-throw Fireball by itself is a reason you shouldn't spam B-throw.

Last edited:
Top Bottom