• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something to change up event matches.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I was thinking about ways to spruce up some of the modes and features of Brawl for the next smash bros games when this idea popped into my head. Instead of the usual event list that we've had the past two games I think it should be changed up to make it an Event Map Something along the lines of the New Super Mario Bros U map and level selection only more smash oriented and events instead of levels. Where you can finish an event in more than one way and depending on how you finish it that's the way you branch off on the map. Maybe it'll show that there's more than one path and you need to figure out what you need to do in order to go down that separate path.

Example, there could be an event match of defeat the Koopa King where you fight Bowser. Now you have the option of choosing anyone and if you beat it with any random person you'll go down one path but if you choose Mario, or possibly any Mario game rep, and win you'll go down a different path and this one will say lead to an event that lets you unlock a new stage from the Mario games or something.

Or say there's an event where you have to save DK and you battle a bunch of enemies, possibly kremlins, to the end of a time limit to save DK and again you can pick any character and you'll beat the match and carry on to the next event on the match. However if you choose Diddy and win a different path opens and you move down to the event named say Ruler Gone Bananas and you go into it and boom! Diddy and DK fighting the cut throat Kremlin King and that's how you unlock King. K. Rool. Again all just to give an idea of what can be done I know 'ol Baron K. Roolenstein isn't in it...yet, but it's still a cool idea.

I think it would add a fun new dynamic to the event matches it would add more depth to it and get people thinking about what the best character to use for said event match. Now not to say that the set in stone event matches would be gone they would still be in it. There would still be the fun mix up of characters in events that make the event matches so popular. Maybe when you branch off and go down the Mario path the events down that path are more geared towards the Mario universe with cameos from the other characters. Again it's just an idea I'm sure there's a lot of ways it can be tweaked and made better. Either way I think it's a great idea to freshen up the event matches.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
an interesting take on the mode.

could give more replay value, offering a wide array of possibilities.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Great idea, but it would probably take as much effort to do that as the rest of the game combined.

Let's say that there are 40 characters (realistic minimum)

Now let's say that there are 25 events per character

And I think it's safe to assume that the first and final events will be universal.

That's 7,036,874,417,766,400,000,000,000,000,000,000,002 events.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Interesting, not not worth the time. Event matches are what they are, small little fights with a specific objective. I don't think there is a need to change it, which is really giving it a map.

Also, multiple ways to win defeats the purpose of an event match to some degree since you have a set objective. The only way you could expand it is completing it in a set time or with a set score.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Like I said in another thread I'd like Event matches being sub quests in the story mode, not necessary to the storyline but still worth for unlocking things.
This is how I see them: You find a secret door and if you have the correct character you can enter and play the event match, and if not you find it sealed by an icon of the character you have to use.

Another thought I had: Instead of event matches (or together that if they are setted as I said above) how about mini themed tournaments like in Fighters Megamix?
All the girls, all the heaviest, all the bad guys, all the mario chars, all the zelda chars, etc...
Basically you have a smaller roster to choose between and only themed itemes avaiable. If for example it's a tournament between all the fire related chars even the items will be fire related, while if it's a all pokemons tournament you will find only pokeballs as items.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Great idea, but it would probably take as much effort to do that as the rest of the game combined.

Let's say that there are 40 characters (realistic minimum)

Now let's say that there are 25 events per character

And I think it's safe to assume that the first and final events will be universal.

That's 7,036,874,417,766,400,000,000,000,000,000,000,002 events.
I was more so thinking there would just be a handful of character/franchise events not like a full string of events for every character lol. But 7,036,874,417,766,400,000,000,000,000,000,000,002 events, talk about a lengthy gaming experience lol.

JOE!

Smash Hero
40 * 25 = 1000

dayum

1000 * 3 (lets say theres 1 outcome for anybody, 1 for another char of the series, and a 3rd for a specific) = 3000.

Whered you get 564564316534864153246531254865416541531489645156431248653156465321654153.2 ?

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
It's 40 to the 23rd power, not 40 x 25. And even if it was yours that would be one billion, not three thousand.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
It would only be 40^23 if you were saying that EACH event split off into different events for EACH character you did it with.
Yes. I kind of imagined that's what he meant because otherwise why not just have the events unlocked already?

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Yes. I kind of imagined that's what he meant because otherwise why not just have the events unlocked already?
If you read his post, he notes 2-3 different exits for each level, which presumably once you're off the main path it doesn't split for a little bit.

Kinda like the maps in mario games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about a more practical approach where you get certain unlockables for beating event matches with certain characters?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think I once beated "Slippy's Invention" without having Falco and suddenly he appeared because of that.

I dunno tho, maybe it's because I had done so much battles before then...

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
Question: Did you like trophy match? Want them back?
I think I would like to fight on Rouge's big... Ears.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Defenetly bring back trophy match and expecially all star match up

Heres a idea of how sick event matches could be.

[Second Nature]

Sidekick stand off xD

Luigi
Diddy Kong
Falco
????

[Paper Thin]

Paper Mario Vs G&W

Hahah could you imagine them two? omggh this game has sooo much potential..i Truly hope they put effort into the event matches..

They sucked so hard in brawl seems like they didnt care at all...

:phone:

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
[Paper Thin]

Paper Mario Vs G&W

Hahah could you imagine them two?
I did imagine something like that, but with Prince Fluff instead of Paper Mario.

Also:

[Battle Royal]
Princess Peach VS King Dedede VS King Koopa aka Bowser VS Prince Fluff VS Princess Blaze. Stamina Match.

Did you get the pun?

[St. Patrick Day]
Luigi VS Yoshi S Link VS Tingle VS Jet The Hawk.
All against all, point match.

[Fox Season]
Face a team composed by Fox, Krystal, Tails and Greyfox.

[Hawks Triangle]
Falco VS Captain Falcon VS Jet The Hawk. The first to sweep out an opponent wins.

[Swordmasters]
Link VS Marth VS Roy VS Ike VS Lyn VS Goroh VS Greyfox VS Honey The Cat.
Elimination match. Three players on the matchground at time, the first one out is istantly substituted by the next on the queque.

[Bounty Hunters]
Be the first betweem Samus, Captain Falcon and Wolf O' Donnel to grab Bowser. If he is sweeped out the match is lost.

[Rainbow]
Sweep out Mario (red), Samus (orange), Wario (yellow), Link (green), Sonic (blue), Barbara The Bat (Purple) and Kirby (pink) in the correct order to win. Everytime you mismatch the sequence the first characters reappear.

Well, assumed that ALL the characters mentioned wlll be in the game, which is probably not going to happen.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I was forgetting one:
[Hammer Triangle]
Amy Rose VS King Dedede VS Ice Climbers.
Only Hammer, Golden Hammer and Hammer Bros. avaiable as items.
As in Hawk Triangle the winner is the first to sweep out an opponent.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Haha Thats a sick one ''Hypercat-Z''

And the all expected.

[True Villian]
'' Defeat All Other Villians''

Bowser Vs Ridley Vs Ganondorf Vs ??????

Or Defeat your nemesis first.

Bowser>Mario
Ganondorf>Link
Ridley>Samus
??????>??????