• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something that's bothering me (AFK abusers)

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
Firstly, a brief definition:

AFK Abuser n.- Someone who sees a person on Wi-fi connection (With Anyone) who is standing still and obviously not at their controller, then does everything they can to push that person off the screen in the next 2 minutes.

Secondly, I'm using the term AFK loosely, as Brawl is clearly not played with a keyboard.

This REALLY annoys me, because rather than winning by skill, this person will win because they got tons of KOs from the helpless person.

Example: Stage: Luigi's Mansion; Characters: Olimar (Me), Luigi, Link, King Dedede (AFK)
I will admit All 3 of us got at least one KO, but I swear I wasn't trying.
Luigi wins with 4 KOs, Link and I tie for second, and Dedede obviously gets last place.

3 of Luigi's Kos were from Dedede.

Why, people, WHY? It simply isn't right! Would you play football against a little kid in crutches and beat him ten times on purpose? I hope not...

So, please, the next time you see someone who is CLEARLY AFK, don't go after them. I don't expect you to stand next to them and prevent everyone else from getting near, but just ignore them. At least if the abuser wins, you'll get second place with a clean conscience.

Dragonoise

Smash Apprentice
Heh, yeah, it's such a cheap way to win, but that's just how it goes. I find it more entertaining to attack the people trying to score a quick KO off the dead weight.

Looper

Smash Journeyman
i don't see too much of a problem in this when playing basic brawl, but team battles? even worse!

kingofwaddles

Smash Apprentice
Dedede obviously gets last place.
so you think ddd is a bad character? or is this the person who was ....away from keys?
if so, with anyone mode sucks bawls, dont play it.
if you dont kill the afk person, someone else will..
alls fair in a random match with nobodys

Looper

Smash Journeyman
Wow, want to cry a bit more? You're not losing anything, and you have no clue who those people are. God, grow some balls.
just a small critique, i think you could help out a bit more if you would chill out. the bitterness isn't helping much either

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
If I do try to hurt the AFKs, I might just jab them or ftilt them, then walk away to see if they try to counter; but it's more fun to get the people trying to KO the AFK.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
Even though it really isn't that big of a deal to me, I will say that I don't like it when someone is afk. Once one person finds out the rest do, and then it turns into a corpse contest: the person to get that last hit will get the point, so everyone charges at the afk person.....

What's hilarious is me being able to kill them as they are focusing on the afk'er, or even better, they kill themselves in an attempt to kill the afk'er. XD

Mokai

Smash Apprentice
Fortunately it's justy a brief two minutes of torture you'll need to endure. After the match ends you can simply drop from the group and join another group with active players.

AFK killers are pretty annoying, but so are AFKers. In my eyes matches like those simply aren't real matches. Win or lose, don't let it get to ya and go to another group. XP

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
I wish people who weren't playing would automatically be kicked out. I spent like 15 mins trying to find a team match once, only to find 1 person was always AFK, so it wasn't exactly fair.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I wish people who weren't playing would automatically be kicked out. I spent like 15 mins trying to find a team match once, only to find 1 person was always AFK, so it wasn't exactly fair.
Mario Kart kicks people for being afk or driving backwards for too long. It's really nice

Raidein

Smash Cadet
Firstly, a brief definition:

AFK Abuser n.- Someone who sees a person on Wi-fi connection (With Anyone) who is standing still and obviously not at their controller, then does everything they can to push that person off the screen in the next 2 minutes.

Secondly, I'm using the term AFK loosely, as Brawl is clearly not played with a keyboard.

This REALLY annoys me, because rather than winning by skill, this person will win because they got tons of KOs from the helpless person.

Example: Stage: Luigi's Mansion; Characters: Olimar (Me), Luigi, Link, King Dedede (AFK)
I will admit All 3 of us got at least one KO, but I swear I wasn't trying.
Luigi wins with 4 KOs, Link and I tie for second, and Dedede obviously gets last place.

3 of Luigi's Kos were from Dedede.

Why, people, WHY? It simply isn't right! Would you play football against a little kid in crutches and beat him ten times on purpose? I hope not...

So, please, the next time you see someone who is CLEARLY AFK, don't go after them. I don't expect you to stand next to them and prevent everyone else from getting near, but just ignore them. At least if the abuser wins, you'll get second place with a clean conscience.
Toatally agree with you man. Only noobs who can't win do this. No honer whatsoever. I don't really care too much about AFK abusers though. Atleast I'll know in MY mind that I don't cheat to earn my victories.

I did have a match on Planet Zebes with DDD (me), red Yoshi, blue Yoshi, and an inactive Samus player. I accidently KO'd Samus once with one hit of my hammer and felt guilty when I realized he was inactive (didn't really matter sence I owned the 2 yoshis 5-0-0!! :D ) However, my opponents had enough intergrity not to hit the inactive player and I respected that.

Thingy Person

Smash Journeyman
I have a replay video where this happens. It was a friggen falco. Good thing Luigi came back on to teach that ***gort a lesson in the next match.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
If it's in a Basic Brawl, it's not that big of a deal. Those who are killing the dead weight is obviously trying to win, and you can't fault them for wanting to win. In a Team Battle, it's not much of a problem unless your teammate is the dead weight. If it's in friendlies, then you should be respectful and not kill them, but you don't have to. You shouldn't be playing timed matches in friendlies anyway. Stock matches FTW!
Mario Kart kicks people for being afk or driving backwards for too long. It's really nice
I am SOOOO going to try that out.

GofG

Smash Champion
Kayzee, your text cannot be read on the Smash Blue theme. I suggest you change colors to something slightly brighter.

Top Bottom