• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something tells me that in the future we are going to be laughing at the "pro" videos

Umm The Hobo

Smash Cadet
I was watching lots of SSBB videos on youtube and thinking about who was the best right now and I thought what Brawl would be like in 1-2 years. I think people will probably be laughing saying "LOL, look at that, perfect opportunity to pull of a "insert technique or move here" Maybe even some of the moves most think are worthless right now (toadstool jumping) could become extremely important. Maybe air-dodging will be used all the time. We never know.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Where in the seven hells do people get "toadstool jumping," seriously?

Toadstool jump? So now people are jumping Peach, even when she is not in the match? That is becoming more and more annoying every time I see it :ohwell:

Sliq

Smash Master
I was watching lots of SSBB videos on youtube and thinking about who was the best right now and I thought what Brawl would be like in 1-2 years. I think people will probably be laughing saying "LOL, look at that, perfect opportunity to pull of a "insert technique or move here" Maybe even some of the moves most think are worthless right now (toadstool jumping) could become extremely important. Maybe air-dodging will be used all the time. We never know.
I'm going to laugh when optimists get smacked in the face with reality.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Lol, its not giong to take 1-2 years to find all the AT's like in melee, as this time around theres already a gigantic fanbase of people who are adept and motivated to find AT's, it will take 6 months at most.

Edit : Brawl's boring.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Not much about these pro videos now will be different from the ones in a year or two.
Yes, they will be different. Are you drunk or something? It takes more than a month or two to get used to physic changes like this, AND get used to your character AGAIN. People will generally be a LOT better in a year or two. Leaning towards two years. I mean, when Melee first came out, it was played a LOT differently. Just read above.

I doubt most of us will be laughing at the videos though. It'll be more of laughing at ourselves for thinking 'I thought THAT was good? Dang we all sucked!' and things like that.

...But the tripping pisses me off.

INs4niTY-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marouf
im just gona laugh, does not have to be about anything specific. how about that?

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I like how everyone expect Brawl to evolve significantly. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Meta-Game didn't change a whole lot. Sure you can point fingers and say Melee did but Melee had a lot of things different about it than Brawl does.

1. Melee was more different from Smash64 then Brawl is different from Melee. (if that makes sesne....)

2. There wasn't already a really well established tournement scene.

3. There weren't nearly as many people looking for advance Techs

4. It was more rushed than Brawl so it was more likely to have easily exploitable things (not saying that as a negative)

I could of course be very very wrong. But I think some people are anticipating that Brawl will have something like wave-dashing or L-canceling that will turn the tourney scene upside down. There might not be anything like that.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
What I'm REALLY anticipating is the day when someone figures out a way to prevent tripping, although I still see a potential exploit with it . . . :p

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I don't think it'll be quite as dramatic as watching that Melee vid. It took a while for Melee to progress as far as Brawl has in the month or so before its American release, because smashers at the time weren't looking so hard for tech, and when tech was found, it wasn't necessarily given full consideration as to how it could be incorporated into the metagame. Now people are not only looking for tech, but thinking about it in the context of the metagame. I've seen people use reverse bairs with just about every character who has a good bair, and I've seen everyone usmashing out of runs. I'm seeing lagless zairs being used both offensively and defensively, and I've seen wall cling used to coax out a laggy move, which was then punished. I've even seen footstool jumps used intentionally.

This level of play at Melee's beginning would have been absurd. We won't necessarily think that people who were good now will be good then, but I doubt we'll cringe as much as watching that Azen vs. Anden match.

Top Bottom