• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

something not everybody may know

Status
Not open for further replies.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
right just tested this myself it works 100%. Alot of wolf's find side B canceling hard i'm here to tell you theres a more reliable way of doing it which i only just realised. Most of us think you press B again during the side B to cancel it but theres a more reliable way of canceling it which can get you the long version easier.

Which looks bad *** if done right.

press side B then press >V diagonal down but do it gently experiment a little to find the sweet spot it's roughly around 135% if > is 90%

works a treat and visually it looks just like falco's regular side B albeit with a bit more get up. I used it on wifi in the DDD MU and i found it worked quite well if DDD got me right at the ledge.

I don't have a camera so sadly i can't show you but try it for yourselves i also found that with regular side B cancel wolf jumps up higher whereas with the 135% method he went a bit lower because i was pointing it down.

so >V slightly find the spot for it it's roughly 135% down if >is 90%.

Not saying i've discovered anything but i found it useful and more reliable then regular side B method of just pressing B at the right time. Hope this helps.

sorry didn't mention you need to hammer the B button whilst pressing the analogue stick in this fasion I was kinda over excited please excuse me.

Oh and you do sometimes get the short version but mess about with it and get a feel and you'll be getting the long version everytime.

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
btw i forgot to mention if your facing left it's mirrored so <V

Laem

Smash Champion
Last (entire) smashfest i did longcancels whenever I ordered my character to do so. It's doable folks.

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
Well ummm probably some of you know this but you know wolf can nair and shine diddy out of barrel. The shine part works when diddy is flying through the side as for the nair it works when diddy is flying upward iv done this to player 1

castorpollux

Smash Champion
bump. i really want to know if anyone else can confirm this. i've been trying it and cant seem to get it to work

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Honestly, people have consistently brought up some stuff like this throughout time, and it's a bit silly. For some people it can help them time their B input, but what actually causes you to cancel the flash is pressing B during one of the two frames where you're moving.

So basically, I'm 99.99% sure that it doesn't help at all. It's just a timing reference thing some people use.

:059:

M.C. Pee-Pants

Smash Journeyman
Well biglou told me its better to just shine instead of nair since wolf is invincible when choice shined him seagull also told me he shined player 1 @ gold mine but to me its pretty difficult to do

Wolf McBlue

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm not hip with all this brawl lingo but what do you mean by "press side B then press >V diagonal down"?
Also, I've tried to practice illusion cancelling but I can't seem to keep it consistent. I'll mash the hell out of the b button or press the b button in some pattern to find the tick, but it's never consistent. Is it really just developing your eyes and reflexes to know when to press it?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Basically, he's saying you should press the downward diagonal in the direction you're moving. As far as flash cancelling goes, you just need to work on the timing until it becomes muscle memory. Try to use a cue, like when Wolf makes that noise before he moves or right as he starts to move his claws, until you can get the timing down.

Welcome to the Wolf boards btw :) I'm going to lock this thread and merge your other post into the Wolf social/Q&A, because these kinds of questions are better suited for a Q&A thread and don't really require their own.

:059:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom