• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something is Cooking at the Dojo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Apparently Kirby is quite the chef when it comes to Smash and makes it a means to punish his opponents. Though it does raise some questions, like how does one get pulled into such a Final Smash?

Kirby dons his hat.

Kirby begins his Final Smash by donning his good ole' Chef hat.

Prepares his utensils.

He brings out his frying pans.

Clangs them together signaling dinner time!

He makes it clear it is time for supper.

Let's see now, one part Fox, several parts Wario.

He adds his ingredients, though I'm curious as to whether they just happen to be nearby and fall in or they get sucked into the pot by being nearby.

Simmer and while adding spice, don't forget to stir!

The opponents stew for awhile.

And bon appetit!

And out come a tomato, curry... and a warp star?

Awww, it seems Fox and Wario can't stay for dinner after all.

And his oponents get thrown in the air with their butts on fire, not bad for Kirby, eh?

Nintendo didn't want to leave us with just that update for dinner though, so they cooked up some dessert; a sample of the vocals for the voice of Ashely from Wario Ware. Sakurai points out that there is a Japanese version of the song while the other languages get to here what the Tree House from Nintendo of America heard where the recording took place. You can hear the English one here and the Japanese one here.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I approve of this update.

Kirby's Final Smash, about the only thing I can say is: It's about time. It's a shame it didn't have some surprising twist to it like some of us were hoping it was delayed for, though. Good to see it an excellent rebuild of the original ability, though.

Ashley's Theme is outstanding. The theme in Touched! was always kind of catchy, but the sound quality was godawful and the voice actors were monotone. This remix nails excellent in just about every way; the singers are fantastic (the english Ashley doesn't quite match the character herself, but neither does the japanese Ashley. They're still both great singers), and the tempo has been kicked up. It actually sounds like stage music and I can even see it (hear it?) playing on the stage. 10/10 from me.

Conformal_Invariance

Smash Journeyman
On the border of Westminster and Arvada, CO, in a
The japanese one nails the moe-ness of Ashley. The English don't.

I hope they let us choose japanese language here in Europe too.
I'm pretty sure you mean 'doesn't'.

Anyways, hooray for opinions!

I am enjoying the music very much. It reminds me of Wicked.

As for Kirby's Final Smash... I assume it won't be nearly as destructive as the other Final Smashes, as it seems to be a copy of the original Cook skill... meaning it hits everyone, no matter where they are.

Wazoo21

Smash Apprentice
My god, I don't see how an update that everyone's known about for a year and a half and a crappy song from WarioWare makes a good update. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
My god, I don't see how an update that everyone's known about for a year and a half and a crappy song from WarioWare makes a good update. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Hey whats that above your user name 'Smash Noob', that describes you completely.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
Epic fail.

We knew about Kirby's BACON, yes, but seriously. We didn't know exactly how it would work.
This update confirmed that.

And the WarioWare arrangement is actually one of the best next to the Love Theme from MGS, IMO. They did a good job.
AND, it's Tuesday. Tuesday is leisure update day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom