• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something intresting I just thought of.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Excuse me if this has already been discussed, but is their a standard to what to do with armor pieces on the first stock?
I was thinking, and it seems like one of the best things you could do is to immediatly throw one piece up and then grab another and do W/e you guys normally do with it.

By throwing a piece up, you are making it dangerous for your opponent to try and grab either of the other pieces you are not holding. This isn't as true if you start under platforms..but meh. Throwing it down could also work I suppose.

Just a random thought I wanted to bring up.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Depends who you're playing. And yes we have had multiple threads about this. Back roomers aren't exempt from the search function.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Depends who you're playing. And yes we have had multiple threads about this. Back roomers aren't exempt from the search function.
Point me in the direction of these threads. I did look through both pages of topics and didn't see a single thread although I didn't search for dead topics.

I also couldn't find anything reguarding the concept of throwing a piece of armor up first for better stage control...

I was messing around with it earlier and against slower characters I could throw one up and one down then grab the 3rd one and do W/e with it.

Seriously though, I did look through the topics and didn't find anything related to this so I'd appriciate constructive feedback...

Miles.

Smash Champion
Point me in the direction of these threads. I did look through both pages of topics and didn't see a single thread although I didn't search for dead topics.

I also couldn't find anything reguarding the concept of throwing a piece of armor up first for better stage control...

I was messing around with it earlier and against slower characters I could throw one up and one down then grab the 3rd one and do W/e with it.

Seriously though, I did look through the topics and didn't find anything related to this so I'd appriciate constructive feedback...
I do something similar I throw 2 up and sometimes all 3 if I can and I try to fight under them since they do damage on the way down and when they bounce.

I thought I was original and clever haha.
It annoys my friends because it controls space really well.

Camping under a falling armor piece is too good.

Another way I do it is I throw 1 piece up and then grab one and jump then double jump and wait to see what my opponent does. Depending I will throw the piece I am holding down/up/or at them.

Rinse repeat it can lead to lots of easy damage and gets quite annoying.

Adapt

Smash Lord

armor piece games are a topic that comes up from time to time.

Snakeee has a topic describing a technique to short hop, smash the piece down, and then uair to pick it up again. It can be pretty difficult to approach without a disjointed attack. Another nice thing is to glide toss the piece upwards and then grab while they shield.

I have been wanting to find out if you can dribble her armor pieces like diddy dribbles his bananas. I imagine a glide toss>dash attack>pivot>glide toss. But it may be too slow.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The only thing that I really have set is that I like to pressure Olimars from the beginning on stages like battlefield, because they'll be too busy plucking Pikmin.

But yes, throwing suit pieces in the air is a common choice when there are other pieces. I also toss one down sometimes, just to keep them all moving.

ZSS can dribble, so to speak, but it's not a Diddy Kong dribble. It's the throw down-ff uair trick that Snakeee does.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Depending on the stage, you can dribble with a forward glide toss. Toss, and then jab immediately to pick up the piece as it comes flying back after hitting your opponent.

My usual armor throwing styles are:
Up->down->up->repeat until opening
(On platform)Drop->up->jump->airdodge->forward->airdodge->up->repeat
(Against reflective shields)Cry->repeat

Rebelli0n

Smash Cadet
Usually what i do is toss one up (given the proper level) grab another throw it and depending on what the other character does, glide toss or side special or neutral special then throw the piece... I try and mix them up with my specials because it really catches them off guard.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
my undone guide on ZSS has a ridiculously exhaustive section on what to do with suit pieces. Throwing them up and down is the best option a defensive player has, since they don't decay while they're in the air, so it preserves the life of the all the suitpieces at once.

http://www.allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=11107

Yeah, I haven't posted it on smashboards yet because it's not done yet...

lol, Falco is the only reflector I have trouble with, since his reflector has nearly the same range as the side-b... it's so funny baiting fox/pit/wario/kirby/dedede/etc into using their item reflect/chomp moves and then just slapping them in the face with a side-b. toooo gooood.

sasook

Smash Champion
ZSS is my secondary, before anyone asks, but I don't come to these boards often.

Anyways, what I like to do with my suit pieces, other than throwing up and down like previously mentioned, is to shorthop and drop them. Being a Link main, this comes naturally from the bomb uses. Anyways, a lot of my opponents roll straight into them, and get a bair to their face if they come my way, or if they get hit the other way, I pick up the piece and glide toss.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Depending on the stage, you can dribble with a forward glide toss. Toss, and then jab immediately to pick up the piece as it comes flying back after hitting your opponent.

My usual armor throwing styles are:
Up->down->up->repeat until opening
(On platform)Drop->up->jump->airdodge->forward->airdodge->up->repeat
Lol. Cry then repeat.

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
I throw one immediately at them unless they can reflect it. Youd be surprised at how often it works, the other two I like use them for pressure and stuff as random bouncy things of doom.

Top Bottom