• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something interesting about New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
I hope this hasn't been discovered yet.... I don't know if all Wii games do this or not, but NSMBWii uses .brstm files, just like Brawl. Just thought I'd share this with people. This should make things easy for people who want NSMBWii music in Brawl.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I hope this hasn't been discovered yet.... I don't know if all Wii games do this or not, but NSMBWii uses .brstm files, just like Brawl. Just thought I'd share this with people. This should make things easy for people who want NSMBWii music in Brawl.
Its already been done. there is also a level editor for the game and the files like models and textures are also like brawls.

INB4lock?

FLSHK

Smash Cadet
Its already been done. there is also a level editor for the game and the files like models and textures are also like brawls.

INB4lock?
actually, I already knew about the level editor. What I didn't know was that people had used the .brstm files from NSMBWii in Brawl.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
If I'm not mistaken, a lot of the NSMBWii BRSTMs have 4 channels (2 for the song, 2 for the drums), and will not work in Brawl unless re-converted...

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I got Brawl-formatted .brstms to work in NSMBW, but the looping failed on some of them while others loop properly. Not quite sure why and it was a shame since I managed to loop the entire SMB1 and SMB2 soundtrack perfectly for that purpose.

I didn't test with Yoshi though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom