• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something I realized about brawl

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Link to original post: [drupal=5456]Something I realized about brawl[/drupal]

There are 2 ways that people play when they have to make decisions for the bad situation their in.

1. Players like me like to take their time to make the best decisions for each situation.

2. Other players do the same thing for each situation so they dont have to think about it.

There are good and bad things about both ways.

If you take your time to make good decisions, you might make that decision too late and get hit/punished. But if you make your good decision on time, you put yourself in an advantageous/better position. And since you make different decisions most of the time, you will be less predictable.

If you have a certain way to react to every situation, you will be predictable and easier to read, bait, and punish. But since you react so quickly to everything and don't have to think about it, you might put yourself in an advantageous/better position by reacting before your opponent does.

I thought about this after playing someone in the smashboards arena (where you find people to play online). My opponent and I are very different players, and this is the reason why.

Top Bottom