• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something about the game that has been bugging the hell out of me

FartyParty

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7316-5581-8026
WHY IS THERE NO REWIND OR FAST FORWARD IN REPLAYS/VIDEOS?!?!?!?!

Even moreseo than some of the online issues, this is such a glaring, obvious oversight by Sakurai and his team.

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
That is a good question, my friend. I myself have wondered the same thing.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I wish there were it would be so much easier to pick out particular plays and mistakes you made and try to analyze what you could’ve done different. I uploaded the majority of them to my computer for this reason

Last edited:

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
I find SSBU's inconsistencies to be a problem, but there's nothing I can do about it, so whatever.
It’s such a great game it’s just there are too many little things that they didn’t do right that they somehow overlooked. Hopefully with enough complaints they’ll patch some of them but I’m not really counting on it

Crystanium

Smash Hero
It’s such a great game it’s just there are too many little things that they didn’t do right that they somehow overlooked. Hopefully with enough complaints they’ll patch some of them but I’m not really counting on it
Well, at times I find myself not connecting hits, and at other times those hits connect.

JiggyNinja

Smash Journeyman
WHY IS THERE NO REWIND OR FAST FORWARD IN REPLAYS/VIDEOS?!?!?!?!

Even moreseo than some of the online issues, this is such a glaring, obvious oversight by Sakurai and his team.
Probably because it's hard? At least for reversing.

Videos are one thing, but the replays in the game are saved as a log of all inputs which are then fed through the game play engine. That's why you have to convert them before installing a patch that has gameplay changes. Reversing a video is a lot easier than reversing a gameplay engine.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Probably because it's hard? At least for reversing.

Videos are one thing, but the replays in the game are saved as a log of all inputs which are then fed through the game play engine. That's why you have to convert them before installing a patch that has gameplay changes. Reversing a video is a lot easier than reversing a gameplay engine.
True but they can at least put rewind and and fast forward on once you convert them to video

Crystanium

Smash Hero
That’s probably because of how and what you’re buffering. The game is super precise in my experience
Possibly, but I'm not thinking of something like d-throw to f-air, for example. These can be attacks like b-air or u-air. If I buffer d-throw to f-air, that can lead to lack of connection. But yeah, even Charge Shot looks like it should have hit my opponent, but it misses. I doubt the hitbox is smaller than before. It'd be nice to have consistency.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Possibly, but I'm not thinking of something like d-throw to f-air, for example. These can be attacks like b-air or u-air. If I buffer d-throw to f-air, that can lead to lack of connection. But yeah, even Charge Shot looks like it should have hit my opponent, but it misses. I doubt the hitbox is smaller than before. It'd be nice to have consistency.
I mean I haven’t had a problem with this but it’s certainly a valid complaint if it’s happened to you repeatedly

Top Bottom