• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone who knows their frame data **** explain something for me

SolarisX

Smash Rookie
So the other day I was playing a Cloud CPU on 3DS and I was playing fox. The cloud CPU used finishing touch on me at around the 75% range. Just as the animation started, I used fox's reflector as a last ditch effort to avoid the attack. Now for someone reason, the following happened:

-The camera zoomed up on me as it normally does when hit by fi sniping touch HOWEVER
-Cloud got knocked away by the reflector, so it could be assumed my hit registered first
-Oddly enough, I also received knock back (wasn't paying attention to whether received damage or not) however it was severely reduced. I was in kill percent range.

So what happened?

Also I would have the video up here but I was stupid enough to skip past the results screen without saving the video. Sorry. The best I can do is try to replicate it with a friend at some point.

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
I'm gonna guess you soaked the hit with shine's invincibility and simultaneously hit Cloud with the hitbox. You then got blown away by the windbox of Finishing Touch. I do this a lot to my casual friend's Little Mac, when he goes for the KO Punch.

If you were in hitstun or took damage, then I have no idea.

SolarisX

Smash Rookie
I'm gonna guess you soaked the hit with shine's invincibility and simultaneously hit Cloud with the hitbox. You then got blown away by the windbox of Finishing Touch. I do this a lot to my casual friend's Little Mac, when he goes for the KO Punch.

If you were in hitstun or took damage, then I have no idea.
Thanks for the reply! I think I did get stuck into hitstun, though I might have been shocked that I didn't get KO'ed. Also shine has invincibility frames? Didn't know that!

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
Did you use the reflector while you were standing on the ground?

Top Bottom