• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone wanna Give me some real basic combos/tricks

GimpyElf

Smash Rookie
I just got into the forum thing, been playing SSBM for a good while , and i saw some of the things the pros were doing. Someone wanna teach me how to do some sweet tricks?

_shadow_fox_

Smash Cadet
Do you know how to SHL? Just short hop, fire a laser, then fast-fall as soon as you can. If you master it, you can fire much faster than regular blasters.

EDIT: Just look around the threads. I'm shure you'll find lots.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
laser -> forward smash.

wavedash backwards -> forward smash

dthrow -> dtilt or dthrow -> dsmash or dthrow->shine for those of your friends who cant tech.

There. Quick and easy, until you learn other things.

Adi

Smash Lord
If you're talking about waveshining it's really all about the timing. For a while I tried doing it as fast as I could and couldn't get it, then near the end I was so tired out that I did it slower, and it actually worked. It's all about practice.

Akebo

Smash Apprentice
just read and watch videos and do what you see them doing.
It isn't as easy as that.

GimpyElf, you need to know the cold, hard truth: WD with Falco is one of the hardest things to do with him, next to waveshining. it's all about timing and practice.

For combos, it all depends on the person you are playing. If they are pros, spam on the SHL and shffled dairs -> fsmash or ftilt-> phantasm or shffled dair.

invertigo

Smash Journeyman
It isn't as easy as that.

GimpyElf, you need to know the cold, hard truth: WD with Falco is one of the hardest things to do with him, next to waveshining. it's all about timing and practice.

For combos, it all depends on the person you are playing. If they are pros, spam on the SHL and shffled dairs -> fsmash or ftilt-> phantasm or shffled dair.

LOL "It isn't as easy as that."

if they are pros you will get destroyed because they have seen and know how to deal with everything you can throw at them. you cant just SHL and hope for the best.

you have to gain experiece to get good, but until then you can practice tech skill on your own and watch videos

GimpyElf

Smash Rookie
LOL "It isn't as easy as that."

if they are pros you will get destroyed because they have seen and know how to deal with everything you can throw at them. you cant just SHL and hope for the best.

you have to gain experiece to get good, but until then you can practice tech skill on your own and watch videos
I am gonna have to agree with Invertigo about playing the pros, But not too worried about that since the last time I played a pro was ....Hmmmmmmm......hmmm....never...

I tech regularly and SHL in matches too so I'm coming along nicely.....lol

But yeah WD is pretty difficult , I can do it if I am in training but am having a tough time incorparating it into my gameplay. I guess it just needs more practice.... does it have any specific uses (such as like after you land, or use instead of dashing) . Just need some ideas on how to get WD'ing into my regular play

PetaNybble

Smash Cadet
i think falco's uthrow sorta "unparalyses" them from the laser, so you can't grab them again. U

Top Bottom