• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Someone help me get better at Starcraft.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
strongly agree except for the third factor. Lurking teamliquid is fun, and watching korean sc games from there is too. I take offense at the capital letters. :p

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
basically, it boils down to a few factors. you can trust me, i'm korean.
1) are you going to play it competitively? if not, then there is no point because unless you are a prodigy (which you are most likely not, mainly because you are not korean) you'll be investing at least a year or two of constant playing and practice until you're able to perform mechanics and break C-. and you'll still be really bad.

2) with sc2 coming out sometime soon, a lot of support for sc1 is dropping anyway. if for some reason you answer "yes" to the statement above, keep this part in mind. plus sc2 requires slightly less micro to perform basic mechanics, but it still has a strong emphasis on macro. so you might want to try that out first instead.

3) if you're still interested in playing COMPETITIVELY AND NOT FOR FUN then visit teamliquid.net
LOL.

I'll probably enter a few small tourneys(for SC2 anyhow. Don't see any SC1 tournies around here.) I'm looking forward to SC2, very much so. Protoss Colossus and Mothership looks to good. I've gone to teamliquid. It's been really helpful so far, but their advanced strats and stuff confuses me, but I'm getting better at it.

Also, Reavers or Siege Tanks? Which one's stronger?

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
yeah...sc2 cannon rush is lulz. I choose to ignore it and take out their base with lings while using creep tumors too keep them from getting close. Zerg isn't cannon rushed easily. :D

LOL.

I'll probably enter a few small tourneys(for SC2 anyhow. Don't see any SC1 tournies around here.) I'm looking forward to SC2, very much so. Protoss Colossus and Mothership looks to good. I've gone to teamliquid. It's been really helpful so far, but their advanced strats and stuff confuses me, but I'm getting better at it.

Also, Reavers or Siege Tanks? Which one's stronger?
Colossus are **** against land but they have a significant disadvantage against air or even air defense. Only land unit in the game that gets hit by missile turrets. Motherships can change an entire battle too your favor even when at the disadvantage in just numbers.

I'd say Reaver, they have a longer range and don't destroy their own units. They have similar damages. In a one on one battle Reavers will always win cause of the range difference. I think tanks have slightly more armor though (don't quote me on this :D).

Top Bottom