• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Someone got Smash Wii U early

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Let's see...

First I order the game at some Japanese retail site but it'll take a day to send it to tenso.com, once they arrive next day I must put an order to send it here but it'll take another day to send it to the post office, and once the plane departures it'll take around 2-3 days to ship so...

Yup, around 5-7 days I can get it.
oooh wow O.o jesus thats a lot of steps

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Your roommate should give hints if there is anything shocking in it.

zony514

Smash Apprentice
NNID
zoniken514
3DS FC
1633-5281-0428
oooh wow O.o jesus thats a lot of steps
Yeah, I know. But I wouldn't mind because that day is just right there near you. As long you don't think about anything, including time and dates, you'll get it immediately in front of your door, like it's tomorrow. I'm pretty much saying this as a positive way; if I've been negative...like REALLY NEGATIVE about it, I've been really irritated here just to let you know, which I'm trying not to become one...(seriously, people HATES negative people)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Yeah, I know. But I wouldn't mind because that day is just right there near you. As long you don't think about anything, including time and dates, you'll get it immediately in front of your door, like it's tomorrow. I'm pretty much saying this as a positive way; if I've been negative...like REALLY NEGATIVE about it, I've been really irritated here just to let you know, which I'm trying not to become one...(seriously, people HATES negative people)
yeah, thats why im not stressing November 21. That date is literally around the corner. also the MK 8 DLC comes out net see so there is that also.

the8thark

Smash Lord
Well everybody's gonna get it in this month anyways so what's the whining?
I'm gonna get the Japanese version and it'll take until next month December to get it but you don't see me whining about it?
This is your choice. And if you're ok with this, then that's cool. And we respect this. But others have a right to be salty about a week later getting the game (ie rest of the world vs NA). Just because you are not salty about it, does not mean others being salty about it is wrong. they have a right to their opinions as much as you do.

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
How long does it take normaly for a game to be imported from Japan to the US? My friend imports Atelier games for his vita and PSs all the time and he gets it in about a week or a few days.
You have to remember the Japanese release date is December 6th too.
Oh man that's a wait :/

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
You have to remember the Japanese release date is December 6th too.
Oh man that's a wait :/
It won't bother them that much, though, as Japan is a mobile/handheld country.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The way I see it what goes around comes around in terms of Japan since they get everything first while the rest of us have to wait weeks, months, and years, or not even get the game in question at all.

No excuse for Europe and Australia having to wait an extra week though...

As for me, I'm going to remain patient. I have Smash here and now, and as such I already know the biggest secrets (i.e. the characters). Stages and music are something I can wait for without biting my nails in anticipation.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Look at this Unboxing video.
It's interesting to note that he said the Amiibo figure felt like cheap plastic. Well that's what you should expect from a $13 figure. These aren't super high quality figures cause if they were, they'd be FAR more pricier and I'm sure many would not buy them because of that. Not to mention, the actual purpose of the Amiibo figures, at least in my mind, is more important and has greater value than having some amazingly, super detail figure that would be priced over $40 or more. Besides, they still look fairly good from what I've seen, albeit the odd face here and there. And really, when you put the Amiibo's on display, it will be difficult to notice from afar anyways. Overall, I'm very excited for the Amiibo's and I can't wait to try out my Mario, Link, Samus and Kirby Amiibo's when they arrive from Amazon. ^_^

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
People getting up to 2 weeks extra practice before anyone else gets the game. T_T

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Look at this Unboxing video.
I don't know if it's already been answered, but I asked him if on 8 player smash and you choose 5 players if the stages are limited like if you choose 8 players or do the stages open up more if you choose 5 players.

He said he will check that out for me, so soon we shall know the answer :D

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I don't know if it's already been answered, but I asked him if on 8 player smash and you choose 5 players if the stages are limited like if you choose 8 players or do the stages open up more if you choose 5 players.

He said he will check that out for me, so soon we shall know the answer :D
he could get in trouble for giving out info, right?

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
he could get in trouble for giving out info, right?
He's on an embargo so there are stuff he can't answer or show footage of until a certain date, but seeing how he said he'd check that out I don't think that's on an embargo about the whole 5-8player smash.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
He's on an embargo so there are stuff he can't answer or show footage of until a certain date, but seeing how he said he'd check that out I don't think that's on an embargo about the whole 5-8player smash.
Ah ok. Im guessing the Embargo would be on stuff like songs and stages and maybe game modes

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
yeah, thats why im not stressing November 21. That date is literally around the corner. also the MK 8 DLC comes out net see so there is that also.
Yeah, I got Master Chief Collection to keep me occupied for the next 2 weeks. :D

Still, I'm really jealous of these early reviewers. Atleast, Nintendo is letting them show some stuff off before release date.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I love the music and love battling to the tracks, but its hard to appreciate some tracks like Star Wolf's theme/ sector Z for obvious reasons, (especially now that Fox and Falco are nerfed and almost anyone can beat them) the music is really good if you get into it, for me I always get into the battle when certain tracks play and when I'm playing as a certain character, For example It feels really satisfying to play as Ganondorf with Gerudo Valley blasting in the background.
None of this matters with what I'm saying.

Like at all.

How hard is it to understand that they simply don't want to show everyone every single piece of content weeks before release?

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
There's a Smash Scene in Ontario that's not just A&C games?

I suppose I should go there some time but it's far away and I'm usually working when the tournaments are on.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I hope someone uploads the OST soon if possible or allowed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh this might hype you guys

Gamexplain unmasked something

They said palutenas guidance aplies to all the alt characters as well.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Saying you're MORE mad at the OP implies that you ARE mad she got the game early. You sound childish and amusingly unconvincing.
but it wasn't the op that made this topic though. What I'm saying is I hope she is ready for all the questions from people she may or may not want to get and whats bad about me saying I don't care if she got it early? That doesn't mean I am mad, just means I don't care.

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
but it wasn't the op that made this topic though. What I'm saying is I hope she is ready for all the questions from people she may or may not want to get and whats bad about me saying I don't care if she got it early? That doesn't mean I am mad, just means I don't care.
I'm aware the person in the picture didn't start this thread, why does this confuse you?

To answer your question, there's nothing bad about you saying you don't care. It's really funny.

Syrek

The Freshest Strategist
Oh this might hype you guys

Gamexplain unmasked something

They said palutenas guidance aplies to all the alt characters as well.
HOLY CRAP! 0_0 That's AWESOME!!! ^o^ So I'm assuming that also means F!Robin, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Alph and Female Villager will all get Palutenas guidance/codecs. This is seriously one of the best features of Super Smash Bros. Wii U, especially since I'm a HUGE Kid Icarus: Uprising fanboy! ^_^

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
HOLY CRAP! 0_0 That's AWESOME!!! ^o^ So I'm assuming that also means F!Robin, Male Wii Fit Trainer, Alph and Female Villager will all get Palutenas guidance/codecs. This is seriously one of the best features of Super Smash Bros. Wii U, especially since I'm a HUGE Kid Icarus: Uprising fanboy! ^_^
Correct

They did megaman ludwig and captain falcon in this video

I hope mewtwos is very simular to megamans

This is your choice. And if you're ok with this, then that's cool. And we respect this. But others have a right to be salty about a week later getting the game (ie rest of the world vs NA). Just because you are not salty about it, does not mean others being salty about it is wrong. they have a right to their opinions as much as you do.
Economics bruh.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
You're still arguing about this? I thought you would've at least gotten over the fact of getting the game a week late. But it seems you're still on the same issue. If you have a problem with it. Complaining here won't get you anywhere. Take it to Nintendo or something.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I'm aware the person in the picture didn't start this thread, why does this confuse you?

To answer your question, there's nothing bad about you saying you don't care. It's really funny.
sorry if Im missinterprating everything, personal issues pff
Correct

They did megaman ludwig and captain falcon in this video

I hope mewtwos is very simular to megamans
Why would mewtwos be like Megamans, he isnt a superstar like megaman is , in my opinion

Wolley2xjd

Banned via Administration
Don't see why anybody gives a ****. Ridley is deconfirmed, Mewtwo is dlc, and we know just about everything else. It's not like Nintendo somehow has more characters on that game disc.
DLC Character pack.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Last edited:
Top Bottom