• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Someone got Smash Wii U early

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
"According to Twitter she received an early copy because she won that Smash Bros. Wii U tournament; but she has to follow the same rules as the press"

More people.

I predict Smash Wii U footage to be posted soon.

Last edited:

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
People getting games early happens all the time.

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Not really surprising. Same happened with Smash 3DS.
But holy crap, not 15 days before the release. That's more than 2 weeks, and the only reason we knew about the characters before 3DS came out was a dude from NoA leaking the videos they made for the ESRB. The first people that got Smash 3DS got it on 9/11 iirc.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Could easily be fake.

Anyone can print off a cover and put it in a Wii U box.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
"According to Twitter she received an early copy because she won that Smash Bros. Wii U tournament; but she has to follow the same rules as the press"

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm looking forward to all the music tracks the Wii U version has to offer, myself.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Geez, I know that people are gonna get the game early, but not THIS early!

Hopefully we get some more gameplay. And also music. I love music~

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that stuff up!

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
Wait, Pidgezero...? I've seen that name before. Doesn't she have an account on this site?

Man, I'm jealous. I want to play Smash 4 but I kinda can't anymore because my Circle Pad keeps locking up. I'm pretty much forced to wait for the Wii U version at this point.

Last edited:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Wait, Pidgezero...? I've seen that name before. Doesn't she have an account on this site?

Man, I'm jealous. I want to play Smash 4 but I kinda can't anymore because my Circle Pad keeps locking up. I'm pretty much forced to wait for the Wii U version at this point.
Yeah my circle pad grey part came off from the Smash 3DS demo, so future 3DS games will be annoying, I guess I can glue it though, hopefully.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To put this in simple terms, the person is forbidden to show any gameplay videos until "after" the official release of the game.

Mechageo

Smash Ace

I predict Smash Wii U footage to be posted soon.
Lucky.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Well, I couldn't imagine the pressure of people hustling her for new information

If I had the game early I'd probably just lock myself up in my room away from the rest of the world and silently enjoy the game

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
She says she won in through a tournament, it's likely she had to sign an NDA, and we won't get any news out of this.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
To put this in simple terms, the person is forbidden to show any gameplay videos until "after" the official release of the game.
Oh okay, that's reasonable. As much as I want to see gameplay, I can still wait for 2 more weeks.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
I... have no words...

Seriously, when do people get copies of games THIS early?!

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
Yea, no more leaking of things. I'm as hyped as everyone else, but I'd rather people enjoy their privileges and stop getting into trouble.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The NDA is highly supicious as they let groups like GX record footage but they couldn't talk duck hunt who they were also shown. So what is being hidden here by nintendo i wonder,...

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The NDA is highly supicious as they let groups like GX record footage but they couldn't talk duck hunt who they were also shown. So what is being hidden here by nintendo i wonder,...
There's still a bunch of content Nintendo doesn't want to be revealed yet, such as unknown stages and whatnot. They probably didn't allow the Duckhunt footage because his stage was likely unlocked along with it. They wanted that saved for the DHD trailer I guess.

The same case is applied here.

Also, notice despite Kongo Jungle being on the main site's howto pages, we still have yet to see footage of the stage itself in action. I feel there's a lot of stages we may not have seen yet

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
She actually got the 3DS version a week early, too, according to Reddit. And despite the Japanese version already being out, she wasn't allowed to talk about any of the hidden stuff.

NDAs are standard procedure. They could unveil everything and still make her sign an NDA.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Who is the girl who won a early copy

Im just glad she has to go embargo on smash wii u
It's me! (Proof: check my twitter name and compare to my swf username) https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one

I didn't win a smash U tournament and I have no idea where people are getting that idea. I am a TO for smash 64 and a promoter for the Ontario smash community and a staff member at /r/smashbros, I play every game competitively but have only ever won small locals for 64, Melee, and Brawl. I have never won a Smash 4 tournament or a PM tournament. :p

Nintendo knows about me through word of mouth and send the game to me as a surprise, a few other Canadian smashers got it the same way. I was just the first to post about it.

Last edited:

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
It's me! (Proof: check my twitter name and compare to my swf username) https://twitter.com/pidgezero_one

I didn't win a smash U tournament and I have no idea where people are getting that idea. I am a TO for smash 64 and a promoter for the Ontario smash community and a staff member at /r/smashbros, I play every game competitively but have only ever won small locals for 64, Melee, and Brawl. I have never won a Smash 4 tournament or a PM tournament. :p

Nintendo knows about me through word of mouth and send the game to me as a surprise, a few other Canadian smashers got it the same way. I was just the first to post about it.
Post a picture holding an stapler and smash!

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Post a picture holding an stapler and smash!
God damn it guys im trying to pack!

I don't have a stapler, here's a tape dispenser

Could easily be fake.

Anyone can print off a cover and put it in a Wii U box.
Printing off a fake disc for the second pic would be a little more impressive, don't you think? ;)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Printing off a fake disc for the second pic would be a little more impressive, don't you think? ;)
My old computer from more than 10 years ago could print CD covers like that

I don't really care if it's real or not though

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
My old computer from more than 10 years ago could print CD covers like that

I don't really care if it's real or not though
I don't think the disc art has even been posted anywhere until I posted that pic, to be fair. But yes, it's real :p

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
There are no words for how envious I am of you. :D

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Be more jealous of my roommates, I can't play it until I get back into Canada. :(

Geizt

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Icarus
3DS FC
3196-3334-4755
You need another room mate until the 21st ?
But in all seriousness that sucks :/

Top Bottom