• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somebody tell me what I need to practice more with my Falcon

Bobojack

Smash Apprentice
Note: i only watched 2min of this but: You are underrastimating the hitlag of the dair. At 0:25 for example. You could have easily waited to hit the uair to get the lcancel faster so you can follow up with nair/knee (depending on the DI). And it isnt really good to Show us an 8min Video of you fighting against a Bowser CPU. Try more things out of stomp at low% though. Stomp into grab/jab to grab/ Nair/dtilt etc.. I hope this could help you but its really hard to give advice after seeing a video like this.

Last edited:

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Do you see how whenever you land an attack, you pause for a moment before your next move? You can tell because you can see Falcon's standing animation. You need to eliminate that asap, those are wasted frames that vastly diminish your follow up opportunities. A possible explanation could be if you're only thinking of one option at a time. Start thinking of your moves in series, like "grab-nair-uair-knee" instead of "grab...oh now I can nair...then I can uair...then I can knee". As of now, your movement can be accurately described as knee-jerky, when it needs to be more...flowing.

Being able to perform all advanced techs with near 100% success rate goes without saying.

NotLightningRunner

Smash Apprentice
Thanks MasterShake and Bobojack, I've gotten alot better now. I also talked with IHSB (I have spaceballs) to ask him what I was doing wrong.

Yort

Smash Apprentice
spaced nairs, downthrow into knee on missed tech, punishing misssed tech in general with knee or stomp, stomp knee, ledgedash onto stage over and over, SHFLLing your aerials obviously, Neutral air into missed tech punish off second hit.

Then play people in real life and learn how to punish actual techs :)

I also recommend playing against fox or falco CPU to get the weight range and recovery distance of the spacies more clear in your head.

Top Bottom