• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some weegee questions.

Orancube

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

I love playing weegee, but have some questions.

When I play I basically try to outspace my opponent with wavedashing and ftilts, I'm getting better at stuff like that, however it doesn't really rack up the damage. Is there a way to follow up on the tilts. And when you're facing marth, how do you even touch him?

Today I was playing a falcon on netplay, he used alot of double jumping, placing himself above me and depending on my spacing go for a knee or dair. I was having trouble getting anything in because if I shield he just pressures, and if I try for a counter attack, he either backwards and knees. I often catch my opponent doing certain things, and I'm getting better at reading certain habits... however I just don't know how to act accordingly =\... how do you get better at this?

When you knock an opponent down, luigi get's pushed back from get up attacks. I heard you can wavedash back and forth real quick to grab, but I can't seem to do it... it's really annoying sometimes when you shove back after every shielded hit, but that comes with the character I guess?

When opponents are above you when you know them up, how do you follow up.
I ALWAYS seem to lose the trade when I hit them, because they just downair.
When I try to chop them from the side they just float all over the place and I can't connect the hit XD.

Thanks for your time ^^.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Okay so in my mind, WDing ftilt is only really effective against floaties or at a slightly higher percent so they don't just crouch it.

If Falcon is above you, you should be pretty happy about it, aerial combo him or bait a stomp or knee in shield or by wding back, then wd back in for a grab or punish. Your reads will only get better with experience in different matchups.

You really have to Wavedash out of shield a TON with Luigi. Slow moves like Marth F smash become punishable in this way by zipping out of your shield for a grab. When you're trying to bait a get up attack, you could go in and shield their hits and try to WD OOS (not highly recommended, pretty character and situation specific), or you could just keep your movement quick and try to read where they'll go. If someone get up attacks and misses you but you are in WD range, it should be easy to WD in and grab/smash/Up+b punish.

If people are above you and in hitstun, Neutral air can be a nice combo extender, and up air can work on a lot of characters, especially if their DI isn't amazing. Luigi has a lot of high priority moves like Nair or Dair so try to just space and time 'em better.

Hope this helps!

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
Ftilt is more of a spacing tool/edgeguard attack than a combo starter. I guess if they are at high % you can f-tilt -> wd ftilt them across the stage but its pretty unreliable. Just be careful ftilting into their shield, you can get grabbed really easily unless its a retreating ftilt.

The marth matchup is heavily reliant on baiting his laggy attacks with your shield or careful spacing and proceeding to punish. Hes also really easy to ledgeguard with a bair. Like Griffard said, wavedashing out of shield is one of the best things to master in this matchup (and most matchups in general tbh) If they miss an fsmash you get a free grab or combo starter of your choice (i like u-tilt for this on marth).
I can get more in depth on Marth if you have any more specific questions.

weegee is fun! Enjoy :)

BluEG

Smash Journeyman
When I try to chop them from the side they just float all over the place and I can't connect the hit XD.

Thanks for your time ^^.

ooOOOOooOOOOOo
Chop hits way above Luigi so you can space it accordingly. Think of it as a super high five! But foreal, it reaches well above his head.

Also, Up-air is amazing and underused. U-air -> chop/dair works on most characters.

Top Bottom