• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some vids of me

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
I'm a samus player and come looking for pro and really good samus's to critique me.
My vids are posted in this topic: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=94325
Post here or there wherever just tell me what you think. I hope to start going to some tournies to show what I can do but unfortanenatly I live where there aren't any and my rents won't let me go cause of school.

Andromon58

Smash Apprentice
Poor integration of SWD, good use of utilt near the beginning...sweet spot the ledge. Upb more, There wasn't enough use of upb. l-cancelled fair to upb works wonders...you used a fsmash, and it worked, but wouldn't have on a more skilled opponent. As well, too much unnecessary double jumping...using shs or single full jumps instead into an l-cancelled aerial, it will speed up your game. Good use of dsh into dair, didn't worth tho. It was good anyways.

WAY too many suicides...dont attack if you wont live through it... Too reckless... Bomb seemed overused, but that could be because of so many attempted swds. Gotta sh those missles on YS. Not NEARLY enough shield-upb, had like 4 opportunities in 10 seconds, can't stress that enough.

You're SO reckless out over the edge...it killed you more than half of your deaths. Lame ledgehopping, improve that. Good mindgames with dash forward to wd back, then punish fsmash with dash attack. Sweetspot,sweetspot, sweetspot....gotta do it, or you die like you did. More good use of utilt... Your friend needs to learn to meteor cancel.

Summary...more upb, sweetspotting, less unnecessary jumping..Ledgehopping needs work, its deadly with samus...And most importantly, fix those suicides.

Samus247

Smash Journeyman
i agree with everything andro said.
You bombed against marth and roy when all they had to do was Dair or Fsmash you. You were setting youself up for bad situations with those bombs. besides that, sweetspot so you don't die, realize that you shouldn't always go for the sweet spot because you will be edgehogged against better players (like that impossible recovery on FoD) and learn to be comfortable while hanging on the ledge.

pwndj00n00b

Smash Journeyman
Ok thanks for the tips guys. I hope to get some more matches up after I work a little more and against more people no offense to Rook. Its just we can never get the whole crew together or we never have a good camera for vids.

Top Bottom