• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some vids of me playing

Kio Iranez

Smash Ace
Definitely work on L-canceling. With Ganon, anything less than perfect l-canceling is like suicide.

Also, try not to double-jump aerial too much. It's too predictable.

Lastly, try to move around a little bit more.

Much luck to you, friend. :)

Sparx

Smash Cadet
Wavedash! You played mostly on relatively small stages so it didn't hinder your play as much as it could, but wavedashing is still a useful technique to improve Ganon's mobility and allow for more attack options. Also, work on perfecting the l-cancel. As stated before, l-cancelling is Ganon's key to any sort of decent offense, and with characters like Falco and Fox, a part of your survival.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
you're pretty good lots of grabbing and control stick obliteration
TIPS: try to act a little faster after each attack (you seem to have l-cancelling down pretty good)
other than that try stomping best meteor smash and one of ganons most powerful moves

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Very nice I didn't see a single missed L-cancel, incredible
I counted over ten.

@Op: You need to grab more (from grabs you can combo characters, tech chasing works really well, it also allows you to control the flow of the fight better), work on your spacing (as in, controlling the distance between you and your opponent so the tips of your attacks will hit him, this helps because Ganon can out range most characters), and you really need to work on DI (DI is controlling the direction your character flies in, this helps you escape combos and edge guarding tactics).

You also need to work on reading your opponent. It seemed throughout both sets that you were just spamming random aerials, hoping something would connect.

And lastly, work a lot more on getting closer to "sweet spotting" the ledge with his up-b. You were really far up over the edge against Falco, I didn't pay much attention to it during the doc matches. The closer you are to "sweet spotting" the edge with ganon, the more likely it is you'll be able to ledge tech when they try to edgeguard you with a dair, d-smash, or f-smash (any attack that will hit you really).

Hope this helps, and remember, keep your eyes on your opponent's character, not your own.

Top Bottom