• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some uses of Sheiks Utilt...

D

Deleted member

Hey fellow Sheikahs, just displaying some different uses of Sheiks Utilt.
Factors like DI and character weight plays a big role in whether or not these combos/setups work.

ArikadoSD

the cream of the crop
NNID
ArikadoSD
3DS FC
0748-2790-0166
Really good video but I just have to make comments on your Sheik in general lol. You're using bouncing fish way too slowly; you did an fthrow > bf at some point and you kinda delayed the BF, this is really bad. You gotta do BF asap. Same thing goes to when you did utilt to bf.

You're also using the tilts too late after you pp. I assume you have your c stick set to smash? If not, they should be much faster than that, you actually pause after the pp and before you do the tilt which is bad.

D

Deleted member

Really good video but I just have to make comments on your Sheik in general lol. You're using bouncing fish way too slowly; you did an fthrow > bf at some point and you kinda delayed the BF, this is really bad. You gotta do BF asap. Same thing goes to when you did utilt to bf.

You're also using the tilts too late after you pp. I assume you have your c stick set to smash? If not, they should be much faster than that, you actually pause after the pp and before you do the tilt which is bad.
Thank you for the advice! I just picked up smash about a few days ago but been following ever since it started. I have my C-Stick set to Attack but I too feel the need to be much more faster with everything! Much more practice needed...thank you for this.

tronfox64

Smash Cadet
Don't sweat Arikado being so mean :b:. Regardless of the speed of execution, I'm pretty sure everything shown is still relatively correct. Great video overall. The music was a perfect choice.

Also, was "That's all, really..." a nod to _Tree _Tree ? lmao

D

Deleted member

Don't sweat Arikado being so mean :b:. Regardless of the speed of execution, I'm pretty sure everything shown is still relatively correct. Great video overall. The music was a perfect choice.

Also, was "That's all, really..." a nod to _Tree _Tree ? lmao
haha I don't mind, I enjoy the harsh criticism anyways. Shows what I need to improve on as a coming up Sheik main. I appreciate yours as well. I look up on all of your guys posts, etc. So thank you!

Ironically yes, it kind of just came out lol

D

Deleted member

Good stuff! And for someone who just picked up the game a few days ago, your play looks just fine.
WondrousMoose himself, thank you. Look up to you guys when coming to Sheik Tech. Appreciate it.

_Tree

The no-more hero
NNID
DekuBaba
3DS FC
1891-1276-1936
Wow what a terrible video. Didn't even optimise your use of Bouncing Fish and nearly everything you did wasn't frame perfect.

...Just kidding lol. Great stuff. Basically covered everything to do with U-tilt. Good that you broke it down to percentage ranges as well.

D

Deleted member

Thank you Tree, means a lot. Looking forward to what you have to say about the new patch.

D

Deleted member

Wow what a terrible video. Didn't even optimise your use of Bouncing Fish and nearly everything you did wasn't frame perfect.

...Just kidding lol. Great stuff. Basically covered everything to do with U-tilt. Good that you broke it down to percentage ranges as well.
Thank you Tree, means a lot. Looking forward to what you have to say about the new patch.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Good video, though I'm not sure reading their DI out of a dthrow to perfect pivot utilt on fast-fallers is practical, especially since the alternative is fthrow > fair > fair > grab > whatever or fthrow > fair ∞ regardless of their DI.

D

Deleted member

Good video, though I'm not sure reading their DI out of a dthrow to perfect pivot utilt on fast-fallers is practical, especially since the alternative is fthrow > fair > fair > grab > whatever or fthrow > fair ∞ regardless of their DI.
Thank you

Although that's true, it's simply just another option/concept she has...when trying to escape the Fair string, you try to DI Up and In...and that could be enough to make Utilt work and start a much more of an extension.

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
Thank you

Although that's true, it's simply just another option/concept she has...when trying to escape the Fair string, you try to DI Up and In...and that could be enough to make Utilt work and start a much more of an extension.
Yeah, for non-fastfallers it can be one way extend strings. I just meant out of a throw at low percents against roy/captain falcon/fox etc where DI doesn't matter (or rather, they aren't gonna break out of it if you space correctly).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, for non-fastfallers it can be one way extend strings. I just meant out of a throw at low percents against roy/captain falcon/fox etc where DI doesn't matter (or rather, they aren't gonna break out of it if you space correctly).
Ah I see. Well with doing Fair strings at low percents, Utilt can be a great extender after the fact.
Either way just another mixup :)

exnecross

Smash Journeyman
So I've actually found that in practice dthrow > PP utilt is actually really consistent, I'm not sure they can DI out of it at all. Ends up doing 1% more damage than my previous go-to guaranteed throw combo against fast-fallers (37% vs 36%). This is assuming you get the regrab though, and I'm not sure that's guaranteed if they DI outward.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I've actually found that in practice dthrow > PP utilt is actually really consistent, I'm not sure they can DI out of it at all. Ends up doing 1% more damage than my previous go-to guaranteed throw combo against fast-fallers (37% vs 36%). This is assuming you get the regrab though, and I'm not sure that's guaranteed if they DI outward.
At 0% it's ALMOST guaranteed on fast fallers.
You have to be frame perfect basically...
Even if they DI outward in the little amount of frames they are able to, Utilt still has enough range to hit them for the regrab.
If not your'e in a neutral position...which is great for Sheik.

Top Bottom