• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Smash Matchup questions

Yobolight

Smash Lord
Hey guys, hows it going? Yobo here, yep I still play this game, might go to Apex.

So, anyways...

1. Can anyone offer me some tips for fighting against Kirby as Yoshi? (I am freaking clueless)

2. What about fighting Falcon as Yoshi? (I actually don't know how to counter Falcon's dashdance/pivot spam -> grab combo)

3. Anyone know how to space against Fox as Falcon (Lasers2gud)

4. Any pointers for neutral game as Luigi against Kirby? (Once I can get in it is easy peezy)

Thank yall!

Last edited:

clubbadubba

Smash Master
3) Try to get yourself close enough so that if they jump for a laser you can run in and usmash before it would hit you. They'll have to stop shooting lasers in this position and you should be pretty confident at dealing with fox in close quarters when he can't laser. "But I can't get close enough, that's the problem!" Try to use the platforms to dodge the lasers and try to drop in at a close but safe distance. If they are spamming lasers and you are at the top platform, there is should be a window where you can drop down and not get lasered.

I also find that most foxes are extremely inconsistent at lasering low so I just consistently run at them and if they don't shoot low enough i usmash or grab lol. Though, that is probably a bad option...

Saltsizzle

Smash Journeyman
1) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCDhFZTl7zw
This video is a pretty good idea of what to do in this matchup. Yoshi can horizontally combo Kirby pretty easily with some practice. If Kirby uses uptilts you can approach with neutral b for some range.

2) For falcon you can vertically combo since he is a heavy character. Uptilts to up airs are a good combo starter. This is a tricky matchup and one of Yoshi's toughest. Both characters can combo one another pretty hard and falcon has strong moves that can break Yoshi's super armor so you just have to play smart. If a falcon is dash dancing i would try neutral b or a more risky throwing of eggs depending on the spacing. When in a falcon combo spam DI and jump to try to mess up the falcon or get super armor active.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
GOOD TO SEE YOU YOBO :)

if you and j natural have some free time you guys should come down to o town and play some smashhhh

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
3. First you got to challenge them to a $100 MM, wait for them to accept, and then back off when you know you don't have the money.

Villainy

Smash Cadet
4. Any pointers for neutral game as Luigi against Kirby? (Once I can get in it is easy peezy)

Thank yall!
My mentality when playing luigi vs kirby is : most trades are a good trade, and dont go in(punish their mistakes)...so basically Just get a little it of damage and wait for an opportunity to upB.
Also, it can be a pain if kirby and other floaty characters get too much damage to the point where an up air wont combo into an upB.. So finish the job early.

Top Bottom