• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some qustions about Nair and the neutral game?

Cav

Smash Rookie
Im a little confused on how to play falcons neutral.

is the nair thr absolute best option or is spacing bairs better?

When using nair am i trying to get both hits in or just the 1st or second?

Is it best to fast fall the nair or not (sometimes it doesnt hit when i fast fall and im confused why is that)?

i like to go for lots of dash dance grabs in neutral over nairs is that a bad thing?

Is falcon it ok to play falcon reactively and wait to see what my opponent does before i go in rather (i guess what i mean is how much "freestyle" can i put into falcon before playing a different character is better for my playstyle?)

Sorry if bad or repetetive questions im pretty new to falcon and have had these questions on my mind for a while and id like some extra clarification.

Coyle

Smash Cadet
Nair and bair are good spacing tools in neutral, but being repetitious is just asking to be baited. Doing a single hit Nair is useful as an interrupt, and can lead into a gentleman or grab. Most of the time you'll want to hit with both kicks though, since the first doesn't cause a lot of hit stun.

You're not hitting because you're fast falling too soon, and the hitbox isn't coming out. Generally the optimal nair is when the second kick's hitbox comes out just before hitting the ground. Practice that timing.

Dash dance grab is really good at punishing whiffed attacks, but doing it in neutral can be risky since you have to get really close to them. Use it sparingly as a mix up, cause if they read it you can get punished hard.

Playing Falcon reactively can be rewarding, just don't go for too many hard reads. All characters can be freestyled though. Lower tiered characters just have less wiggle room against higher tiers.

Top Bottom