• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some questions on building a hacked Melee ISO with SD Remix + more

Jabronii

Smash Rookie
So I've finally decided to play around with Homebrew, and I'd like to build a Melee ISO that can include the changes in the final SDR release with some texture hacks and extra mods applied as well. I'm worried about some overlapping files and wondering how one thing might affect another.

First, I'm starting off from a 1.02 ISO, which, according to the guide in the SDR final release thread, should work as well as 1.00 for building SDR. This is where my concerns begin...

I'd like to be able to use InternetExplorer's Melee codes in conjunction with SDR, but the majority of them are for 1.02. Will the new main.DOL file used by SDR somehow revert my game to be or to be read as 1.00, making these codes defunct?

If that's necessarily the case, then, would I be able to include certain .DOL mods that will work with 1.00 (my primary concern is to include "Flash on L-Cancel") inside the .DOL file used for SDR? I have absolutely no experience in modifying these files myself, but I'm okay with having to check out a tutorial or two to wrap my head around it if it's simple enough to implement.

Finally, for character textures: I know there are separate .dat files for each of the characters' different color choices, but are those files at all affiliated with the standard .dat file for each character? Meaning, do I have any reason to worry that switching out the .dat files for characters' colors will somehow affect how SD Remix has altered the characters themselves? It seems like a stupid question, but I don't want to find out too late that the neutral Samus no longer has the same power, hitboxes, or usmash as the SDR devs intended just because I think Iron Man is awesome.

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
The 1.02 ISO will become 1.00 once you replace main.dol. Therefore, you must inject the 1.00 versions of InternetExplorer's codes into the SDR main.dol. As far as I know, no conflicts exist between any of InternetExplorer's 1.00 .DOL injections and SDR's main.dol.

Character textures that are purely costumes should work fine. If you are overly cautious, simply apply the texture hacks first, then SDR over them. You will notice file conflicts (if any) when a character texture that was supposed to work did not.

Jabronii

Smash Rookie
The 1.02 ISO will become 1.00 once you replace main.dol. Therefore, you must inject the 1.00 versions of InternetExplorer's codes into the SDR main.dol. As far as I know, no conflicts exist between any of InternetExplorer's 1.00 .DOL injections and SDR's main.dol.

That's what I was afraid of, but I can live with it. Thanks for confirming. I'm currently searching, but if you happen to know of any threads/resources to get me started on figuring out how to inject some of those codes into the actual .DOL, would you mind posting them?

Unfortunately, the codes in IE's thread that I'd like to use are primarily for 1.02 only, except the widescreen one.

Character textures that are purely costumes should work fine. If you are overly cautious, simply apply the texture hacks first, then SDR over them. You will notice file conflicts (if any) when a character texture that was supposed to work did not.

When you say "apply" them, do you mean edit the files themselves, or just replace them?

Top Bottom