• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some questions about Pit...Im a newcomer:)

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hey wats up Pit mainers
Im still new with Pit and just starting to get used to his play style
I have been trying to master him and it is very difficult.
Mastering him takes alot of skills.
I have read the guides and have been trying to figure how to do his At's(which is hard)
Im having some trouble:(
Im a noob and I have some questions about Pit...lol:)

Is there anything important a newcomer needs to know about Pit?
How is Pit meant to be played?
Is there an easy way to arrow loop? And what is it used for?
And what is the angelic step?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Well, welcome Lil CJ to the Pit forums. I've already met you before in the Lucas forums so this should be fun ^_^. Well, if I were you, I would look up the Stick "read before posting" because this has all of the explanations of all of the Advanced Techniques Pit can do so far. I didn't do this when I first came in and ended up becoming a person questioning something that the Pits here knew...
For Arrow Looping, you have to just practice it so that you can use it to take people by surprise.
Angelic Stepping is when you sidestep (Spot dodge) and hold your control stick the other direction during the duration of the dodging. When you are finished and you face the other direction, you immediately point the control stick to the direction you were originally facing. This will make it look like you spot dodge and spin around afterward. This is used mostly for mind games since you can continue the spin by continuously moving the control stick one way and another way to make it seem like your doing something really weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28rHpn1JOc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJ37_tuG5s
I can verse you if you want so that we can both critique each other while having fun since my Pit need some work...

lil cj

Smash Lord
Well, welcome Lil CJ to the Pit forums. I've already met you before in the Lucas forums so this should be fun ^_^. Well, if I were you, I would look up the Stick "read before posting" because this has all of the explanations of all of the Advanced Techniques Pit can do so far. I didn't do this when I first came in and ended up becoming a person questioning something that the Pits here knew...
For Arrow Looping, you have to just practice it so that you can use it to take people by surprise.
Angelic Stepping is when you sidestep (Spot dodge) and hold your control stick the other direction during the duration of the dodging. When you are finished and you face the other direction, you immediately point the control stick to the direction you were originally facing. This will make it look like you spot dodge and spin around afterward. This is used mostly for mind games since you can continue the spin by continuously moving the control stick one way and another way to make it seem like your doing something really weird.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h28rHpn1JOc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cJ37_tuG5s
I can verse you if you want so that we can both critique each other while having fun since my Pit need some work...

Thanks for the advice
imma check dat out
Iight lets brawl
I'll try to catch u online:)

kupo15

Smash Hero
If you want to see how pit plays, look in my vid thread below with the thumbs up icon next to it. I have two combo vids and you should also look at the ones vs Skip.

I actually think that the "Ultimate Guide" has more information on Pit than the "Please Read this" So maybe look there also.

lil cj

Smash Lord
If you want to see how pit plays, look in my vid thread below with the thumbs up icon next to it. I have two combo vids and you should also look at the ones vs Skip.

I actually think that the "Ultimate Guide" has more information on Pit than the "Please Read this" So maybe look there also.

Thanks Kupo, I'll check those out.
Ive heard alot about u, u r one of the best Pit players
Its an honor:)

O.M.E.G.A

Smash Cadet
He is meant for air combat mostly I think.
Things you need to know...short hop neutral airs are your friend...that's all I can think of at this moment as I am just starting to learn some techs.
Welcome to the pit community. :):):)

kown

Smash Lord
welcome to the pit boards.

yea most of your questions can be found in other threads as said above.

heh if you ever need help pm me or aim me.

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
hey wellcome to the pit boards

if you need to ask someone for help i would say ask kown or kupo =0

and join palutena's army 2, if anybody is ever on, they can help.

The Ultimate guide can reely help

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
When you are in the air, doing the Short Hopped Neutral airs and stuff, think of how you play Lucas and that is basically how Pit works except he has more up airs and arrows mashed in there... Most of Lucas's combos that are done aerially can be done with Pit. Just don't play Pit on the ground like how Lucas does...

hugglebunny

Smash Journeyman
although im not the best at using arrows (i have a really bad pit IMO bump my video thread please, anybody)

kind of think of pits arrows as lucas's pk fire, spamable and fun to use!!! you just have to be able to aim and do all of the fancy things there are with arrows

kupo15

Smash Hero
np. Just know that CorruptFate, another knowledgeable pit user, has a Q and A thread stickied at the top to ask questions. He is another good resource for info.

Top Bottom