• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Pikachu Data :D

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
Here's a general post on Pikachu:

Taunts:

Up-Taunt: Charges his thunder. "Piiiiiiii"
Side-Taunt: Waves at the viewers. "Pika, Pika!!"
Down-Taunt: Rolls on the floor: "Pikaaaaaa"

Smashes:

F-Smash: Good knock-back, 15 or 18% (more knock-back if you sweet spot and damage)
D-Smash: Surprisingly good knock-back, 14%. Throws randomly. Gl w/ D.I.
U-Smash: Good Knock-Back, not as strong as Melee though. 14-15% on the front part. 9% if he hits from behind him.

Tilts:

F-Tilt: Some knock-back, 9%. 8% sour spot. Decent range.
D-Tilt: CAN TRIP. Das right, Pikachu can trip folks. Get rekt. 6% I think it's like 12.5% or something chance though.
Up-Tilt: Low-Ish knock-back, Good combo starter, low-percent build-up. 5%

Aerials:

F-Air: 2-9%, Some knock-back, auto-cancels.
D-Air: 12% 1st hit, 4% last hit. Some knock-back, good damage. Decent edgeguard for those opponents ~same height, or lower.
U-Air: 5% Some knock-back, great follow-up to up-tilt, a little laggy if doing it before you land on the ground.
N-Air: 9% sweet, 6% sour. Reduced, but more of a "get-off me" move. Pseudo-Kill move. It has knock-back like Dair.

Specials:

Neutral-B: 5-7% Good spammable move.
Side-B: Good recovery, same ending lag as an up-air to the ground. 10-22%
Down-B: 9% By itself. 15% off Pikachu. Can combo into itself. It's a kill move. Surprise!
Up-B: 2% then 3%. Has low ending lag. He can use this to combo. LOL

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
HOW TO KILL AS PIKACHU

He was designed to go off-stage. So you're wondering, how come when I Dair & Nair, I just can't seem to get the kill!

The reason why is because you need to do one of the following:

Multiple Hits: This means, you need to go out Nair, and then Nair again. This is okay against opponents like Falcon/Falco/Fox.

Fair: A very basic edge-guard tool, that's much more effective than one would normally think. lol

Thunder: As silly as it sounds, the meteor and the fast speed that it comes out makes it a pretty useful tool. Not to mention you can shift momentum with it. So you can use it as a regular edge-guard for those high above you. And then do another Nair/Dair to finish them off.

Interestingly, if you place yourself just-so that the thunder hits Pikachu on the way down, your thunder will combo into your 2nd part of thunder and kill them.

Quick Attack: Use this move to steal Jumps, and then proceed on when keeping them in the air. Not to mention at higher-percent it turns into a kill move. I think the second part of it becomes deadly, I need more testing... Keep in mind, his QA was buffed as well, so you're designed to go super deep for your opponents, and you'll probably still be able to recover.

F-Smash/U-Smash: These moves still have great knock-back properties and can kill. F-Smash for opponents like Falco/Fox/Falcon. U-Smash for ones like Jigglypuff. Same stuff, but y'know.

Last edited:

Illuvial

Exploring Tallon IV
NNID
Illuvial
3DS FC
1435-3676-0317
Switch FC
SW-1736-8649-2292
I think its worth mentioning that Down-B is really bad compared to Brawl. It doesn't last nearly as long, doesn't deal as much damage and the knockback is pretty bad and makes it almost impossible to really kill with in normal situation

Rakath

Smash Ace
I think its worth mentioning that Down-B is really bad compared to Brawl. It doesn't last nearly as long, doesn't deal as much damage and the knockback is pretty bad and makes it almost impossible to really kill with in normal situation
On the other hand it comes out fast enough it can disrupt combos, because it activates a lot earlier (meaning the window to hit Pikachu out of it is pretty much gone.

TheUnsullied

Smash Apprentice
I'm playing the demo right now. Do you guys know any good finisher moves off stage? I have found Pikachu's air attacks to be lacking in killing power.

Soul.

Interesting. Forward smash's sweetspot is at the "tip" of the move, right?

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
I think his traditional kill moves should still work as long as you don't stale them too much. So F-smash, U-smash, Thunder, maybe Nair, maybe Dair. Bair might work but I haven't seem much use of it yet.

Ryuutakeshi

Smash Lord
I found that at the end of his initial dash animation pika can insantly turn around, either to run, tilt, jump into fair (seems faster too), shield, roll, hop back and forth (basically a foxtrot), or side smash. Quicker than pivoting normally. That should help provide some options, right?

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I found that at the end of his initial dash animation pika can insantly turn around, either to run, tilt, jump into fair (seems faster too), shield, roll, hop back and forth (basically a foxtrot), or side smash. Quicker than pivoting normally. That should help provide some options, right?
I think I've kinda picked up on that.

Destimo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Destimo
I've been playing our boi Pikachu a lot, and from what I could tell, his kill moves are still pretty good, you just gotta keep them fresh, mostly for Usmash.

His edge game tho is amazing. Kills are mainly n-airing then gimping them. Satisfaction

SpaceshipYoshi

Smash Rookie
Not sure if anybody cares or if this has already been discussed/isn't new... but in sudden death mode, Pikachu's up-special can kill fairly easily.

Cornstalk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cornstalk
On the other hand it comes out fast enough it can disrupt combos, because it activates a lot earlier (meaning the window to hit Pikachu out of it is pretty much gone.
I noticed this too. The AI actually did it on a fluke. Hit them with a d-tilt. Pika didn't make a sound or even show a noticable animation, yet that thunder still came out of the sky.

On a thunder related note, have you seen the villager collecting thunder and re-using it? The animation almost looks like a glitch it's so wonky. Pretty funny, actually. :)

Nair

Smash Cadet
NNID
Goldenwolf2
3DS FC
0920-1616-6632
I noticed this too. The AI actually did it on a fluke. Hit them with a d-tilt. Pika didn't make a sound or even show a noticable animation, yet that thunder still came out of the sky.

On a thunder related note, have you seen the villager collecting thunder and re-using it? The animation almost looks like a glitch it's so wonky. Pretty funny, actually. :)
Yes. It's hilarious! Also a good reliable kill move is "Fair" IMO

Top Bottom