• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some of us never grow up

izdabombz

Smash Ace
I just relized that i watch a lot of cartoons and play alot of kiddy games. I got this feeling that im too old to be doing this stuff. I mean i should be thinking of college and other stuff. I still watch pokemon and bugs bunny and stuff.

Dont you guys ever think its strange that you are watching pokemon and play mario games? I mean i know that we all play ssbm and all, but will any of us ever grow up? Im sure most of us here are 15 to 21 and still doing the same exact things you did when you were 11.

Does anyone agree? C'mon most of us are just big kids that do adult stuff.:D

inferno

EnFuego
BRoomer
Its actually a good thing to have somewhat of a child personality. To some extent. Now, when your 40 and your still playing mario and you don't have a job, then you know you have a serious problem.

My dad watches bugs bunny, because cartoons rock. Though im only 14, (and I don't watch pokemon ;) ) I find it fun to do things I used to do when I was younger. I used to play with legos a lot, but I play them now and I get bored in 5 minutes.

DreamCaster

BRoomer
BRoomer
My mom will ocassionaly watch The Simpsons and anime [The Big O, and Cowboy Bebop are her favs] and thinks any Resident Evil gave is worth a look, but those are a "more mature" things, and kinda sorta don't count. Since being in college I haven't picked up a video game controller in 3 weeks [except for GBA which is all I have here], and I can see how much time I wasted playing those games, and how little time I have for them now!! Video games are a waste of time, like watching TV or just taking naps, pleasure, reading, socializing, being with friends, etc! WASTE OF TIME!! er... sorry... I just have like 3 horus a day to goof off before I gotta buckle down and work the other 12 hours [7h for sleeping, 2h for meals]... if you coun't tell, college is gettinfg to me... uuuuurgh...

Fantasia

BRoomer
BRoomer
Switch FC
SW-3476-8294-6601
Originally posted by izdabombz
I just relized that i watch a lot of cartoons and play alot of kiddy games. I got this feeling that im too old to be doing this stuff. I mean i should be thinking of college and other stuff. I still watch pokemon and bugs bunny and stuff.

Dont you guys ever think its strange that you are watching pokemon and play mario games? I mean i know that we all play ssbm and all, but will any of us ever grow up? Im sure most of us here are 15 to 21 and still doing the same exact things you did when you were 11.

Does anyone agree? C'mon most of us are just big kids that do adult stuff.:D
Same here except I'm 13.

Yoshi-lord

POKEMON RULEZ:):)
BRoomer
My secret Yoshi island, where I remain to be the L
Well I for one am happy to still be watching old cartoon's and playing old games, it's what makes you happy that builds character, which will build up to getting a job...............and after all that, you die at about 100 years old! :) You know what they say, act your shoe size, not your age! :)

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Yoshi Lord, your sig is too big according to Amo and you seem to be over using the :) smilie

I for one am growing up, I rarely do kiddie things but as most people do in their teens I have been doing some stupid things lately. I look forward to doing even stupidier(;)) things

|-|3ll0-]{!RbY

Smash Rookie
well i stopped liking pokemon, i still like digimon and i like kirby (lol my friends at school laugh at me cuz of that) but i dont thin thats a bad thing. i mean do what you like but respect the limits...

Revolutions

BRoomer
BRoomer
these fields are optional but will enhance your on
No one in my family (dad's side) ever grows up. We're all movie buffs, video game players, nerds of all shapes and sizes. It's not that I'm not mature or anything- I really am. It just turns out that most of the things I liked when I was immature have held true to what I like now. I guess it shows what a smart kid I was.;)

Trillian

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't really know. 14 here and I don't do anything I did when I was um, well I guess I don't really have anything to compare it to. *wonders when he'll be looking back on these days and wishing he could have them back [at the moment I think life sucks but who knows?]*

SuperSpy

Smash Champion
About to burn down X's house, because I wasn't inv
I watch a lot of cartoons. Not on Nickelodeon, but on Cartoon Network. I like to goof around. And humiliate myself in public. It is sometimes fun to act like Im 10 and go crazy. But then I feel dumb afterwards. In a way, everyone has a little bit of youth in them.

Lanky_F

Smash Ace
I don´t care for me I´m always going play nintendo(watch cartoons mmm I think not) I know a men(I think he have 44 or 45 years ) that he still plays nintendo when he is not working , the video games are for everyone

Saturn Z

Smash Apprentice
An Unknown dimension between fantasy and reality
Wow and I thought that I was the only one who still liked "kiddie" stuff. I kind of feel embarrased sometimes because of this considering that nearly everyone of my high school is into other things that don't interest me. I'm think that I'm growing up but very slowly...

Shamboo

Smash Lord
Originally posted by Yoshi-lord
:) You know what they say, act your shoe size, not your age! :)
I should act 13?? And my brother should act 3? Wait, he already does :rolleyes: . (He's 9, I believe)

I do kiddish:

Fool around too much

Play *who says its for kids...lol*

Watch stuff considered "for kids" (ie. Hamtaro)

Hey, your mom likes Cowboy bepop and resident evil? Cooooool......

Originally posted by Revolutions I think
No one in my family (dad's side) ever grows up. We're all movie buffs, video game players, nerds of all shapes and sizes. It's not that I'm not mature or anything- I really am. It just turns out that most of the things I liked when I was immature have held true to what I like now. I guess it shows what a smart kid I was.
Hahaha, just like the dad's side on our family...my mother's serious but we are Pengy Fools.

firaga01

Smash Lord
i dont think ill EVER grow up..

i mean, sure, im more mature than some of the funny morons in hs, but i still love watching cartoons. in fact, im finally gettin satellite installed at my house, so im gonna watch my 5th DBZ epsiode ever..........:chuckle:

and games? please, im called a game freak at my school. ill never give up on nintendo or the PC. lol

*SHADOW FOX*

Smash Ace
Eh some of you are just like me im 18 years old and I still watch cartoons such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Kirby "right back at ya" show pn the fox box. I also collect pokemon cards but I don't like pokemon or hate it, is it's just a hobby.

Yoshi

Smash Lord
I stil collect Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh and Battle-Tech cards, for a hobbie. But I also seldom watch the shows. Now it's Kirby; Right Back at Ya!

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't wanna grow up I'm a toys'r'us kid!

Well I do enjoy cartoons more than any other 17 year old would, I even enjoy the stupid ones that insult my intelegence! (:******: ) I also tend to like some of the kiddy games for different systems and I tend to read comics more than the avarage geek. (when will I ever grow up?) :shyguy: :beezo:

ECVlion

Smash Ace
It seems that I never watch cartoons or do lots of Kiddy stuff and I'm 8 turning 9 in a little less than a month. Yes I like Pokemon, I don't watch it. I'm like watching no TV. I couldnt do without it because of Melee and videogames

SnorSnor

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can juggle muffins

Acting like a mature adult can sometimes be boring. I know maturity is starting to kick in to me now that I'm getting in my older teen years, but I still watch channels (And basically only these channels. I just don't like to watch anything else ;)) like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. But I can safely say that I don't act my age. Two years younger, I'll guess, but definitely not 16. I don't look or act it :D Before I hated it, but now I appreciate it a lot!
I'll always play video games also. I've had them for more than half of my life.

SuperSpy

Smash Champion
About to burn down X's house, because I wasn't inv
Originally posted by ECVlion
It seems that I never watch cartoons or do lots of Kiddy stuff and I'm 8 turning 9 in a little less than a month. Yes I like Pokemon, I don't watch it. I'm like watching no TV. I couldnt do without it because of Melee and videogames
Wow, you probably act more mature than me. Going crazy in public seems to work best at a mall, because of so many people. You don't want to go overboard, because the security might think you'll try something. One time, at the two story mall (good mall) there was this guy that dumped gasoline all over himself and lit himself on fire shouting 'freedom!'. He was talking politics and crap, then handcuffed himself to the railing. We've got all the psycho's where I live. Surprisingly that guy survived, and no one was hurt.

izdabombz

Smash Ace
Originally posted by ECVlion
Im sorry man, but i was hoping for 16 to 25 year olds to reply, You're just a bit under line. When you turn 16 (me) you'll see my point of not growing up.

Anyway, just like phill canter says, we as more mature people growing up, we tend to do things that insult our inteliigence, or just extremely childish things. I mean things that kids below 10 would do. sorry ecvlion im not picking on you, but im sure you act older for your age, but its for sure, you will go back to your roots. Anyway ecvlion, can you tell me what is the new hip thing for kids now, my little cousin's birthday is coming up and i dont know whats the new tend.

Also we tend to keep things that we liked as "children" (Ecvlion.. j/k). We still like mario, teenage mutant nija turtles( anyone remember) Mega man, transformers, pokemon, and all those classic cartoon characters. I still do all that stuff.

Novowels

Fallen Angel
BRoomer
Heh... I think I'm the oldest person on Smashboards, at the ripe ol' age of 23.

But I generally act like I'm 12. :D

Why the heck not, you only live once... And kid stuff is more fun. :)

nox_15

Smash Ace
Im 16, I know you mean, but is no beag deal, both things can be combined. I like almost any nintendo games though i prefer fighting, with gore, etc. In tv its kind of weird, sometimes i watch dexters lab or fairly odd parents, buffy, friends, sex in the city...
Act like a kid, sometimes, it makes things less boring. N btw its not like ur never gonna grow up, i have an uncle who is 30 now, n he plays with his playstation any time he cans.... and he is a father now.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ah...who doesn't love acting 2 or 3 youngers then they actually are...most of the time? ^_^ Bleh, most people think I look older than I am -_-' I'm only 14 and I've been mistaken for my mum's sister 4 times...4 friggin times!!! But I still think myself fairly naive and childish at times...most of the time ^_^ I love most nintendo games and at the video game arcade, you still gotta love those 'bop those creatures that pop up!' games! I can't say I'm such a big fan of catoons but I guess I don't really mind pokemon and digimon that much at all. Oh and I still collect pokemon cards too ^_^

Hawaiianbum007

Smash Apprentice
I beilive its ok to be a kid as long as your not obsessing over missing an espoide of pokemon or dBz. but as long as its i maderation its all good.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Well...... I'm not that kiddy. I like violence and blood (I don't like doing it though). I still got soft spots (so does everyone else). It's really hard to reveal my true self.

Shamboo

Smash Lord
I do like blood and gore like ^ but I don't do that stuff unless...well I haven't done it yet. I only get into fight I don't start.

I remember something, too...

In art class, I always always always draw Chibi Goku. Then she was like "what are you drawing?" she saw my Goku's and she's like "Japanese Animation, my favorite."

I was left like ":confused: What???"

Shamboo

Smash Lord
It was quite strange. Then some kids are like "Dragonball" and she's like "Oh , Dragonball!"

Very queer...

izdabombz

Smash Ace
So does anyone here still wake up saturday mournigs to watch cartoons. I ask many people and they say they dont cuse its childish and stupid. But i been doing this for 11 years. Ca't stop now

Hawaiianbum007

Smash Apprentice
i dont wake up to watch cartoons but i do watch them. Most of the time i turn on the tv and go right to cartoon network. the only cartoons i hate are those on disney except for Kim possible. Its so random that its acuattly really kind of good.

Algasir

Smash Lord
Originally posted by izdabombz
So does anyone here still wake up saturday mournigs to watch cartoons. I ask many people and they say they dont cuse its childish and stupid. But i been doing this for 11 years. Ca't stop now
*raises hand* I do it all the time!!! I usually watch Yu-Gi-Oh most of the time, not much else.

Resting_Fox

Smash Master
I tend to noply watch the adult swim shows on Cartoon Network, because, to me, they are generally funnier than regualr cartoons. Video games, however, are the thing that I won't grow out of. To me playing a game to see graphically programmed intestines is not mature. It's usually the 10 year olds that want to see the gore, or they are people with the mental capacity of a ten year old.

Really though, why bother to stop doing things that evtertain you. I'M not into Cartoons like Dexter and Spongebob, but I don't hate those that are. You know, society is your one enemy in life, for it is often the deciding factor of giving up something you love.

Princess Cookie

Smash Cadet
Personally I don't think it's what you do that makes you childish, Cause everybody says that i'm so grown up, yet I like cartoons and stuff, but most of the kids i know(Actually it's most of the guys i know) who act like such idiots! And they don't even like cartoons and stuff. But ya, all the girls i know are only into music, and cell phones,.. go figure.;)

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I was just about to make a thread about this, too. Oh well.

Anyways, some of us just have too much fun being childish to grow up.

I dislike blood and gore. Uneases me. Most of the time, it's unessesary, too.

pdk

Smash Lord
don't watch much tv at all (let alone cartoons and i've never liked anime), but we can all name one child-like mind that's better at game design than any director for a big-budget jrpg or whatever:

Top Bottom