• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some new vids of my mario: check em out

Pine

Smash Ace

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
tis a sexy mario u have Pine. Skler performed especially well on the FD fight imo.
nice spacing and combos. hope to see more vids in the future.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Your mario is coming along nicely. I saw a techchase fair in there. I used to do those, but nowadays I just don't let my opponents hit the ground.

You should use less SHFFL'd fairs. They are best DJCFF'd and spaced. When they are SHFFL'd they leave you super open because the hitbox is terrible.

KoreanDJ111

Smash Lord
Too good man. That mario is crazy.

Gotta have some Mario dittos in there. Nice combos btw

Coin you up

Smash Apprentice
Metor Smash

One thing though Mario's Metor Smash is a good move but you tend to use it a little bit to much if this wasn't friendly that one time where you messed up could have been your down fall. So I would try to stay away from it unless when you know how to whip it out other then that you play fairly well and I like how you play too.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Just generally be faster. I noticed your uairs come out slow, which could be a product of using the cstick. Unless your super fast, its better to use the control stick for uairs and just adjust to the difficulties that ensue.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Not bad at all. Right now you would own me, but I am getting better. btw
nice save in the first vid. Almost wasted a great round .... almost.

Pine

Smash Ace
i tried using the control stick....was very awkward and i double jumped a lot... i am going to practice it a little bit to see if i am more comfortable with it...

thanks to everyone who replied

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Nice stuff. Your Mario is pretty good, Pine. I only wish that my Mario could combo as efficiently as yours can. You have mindgames, too. . .sweet stuff.

And God, Eggz, I love you. You're one of the few other people besides the Cape who actually thinks that using the A button for u-airs is better than using the C-stick. A button FTW.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LoL thankies Maelstrom. A button is too good. As are you! <3

Pine, what I did is I picked up fox for the exclusive reason of practicing SHFFLAUA with the control stick. Of course, as an awesome bi-product of this, I now have a super good and tech heavy fox. XD

Just keep practicing. Its like every other transistion from a vindictive habit. Just keep trying until you break it. It may be hard, but you won't perfect your Mario with C-sticked uairs.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LoL. You most certainly do. I TAUGHT SILENT WOLF ALL OF HIS TECHNICAL FEATS. >_> <_< >_> <_< >_> Am I lying? NO ONE KNOWS! D=

mario-man

Smash Lord
I also use the A button for uairs with Mario/Falcon etc. ^^ I learn from Eggz?
I've never opened up that much to using the c-stick. I thought it was like a cheat thing or something, so i've always(for 3 1/2 weeks) used the control stick & a-button. is there a time to use the c-stick?

Eggz

Smash Hero
There are a crapload of time to use the c stick. For smash attacks, aerials you don't need to do instantly (AKA every aerial that isn't done rising, no matter what)

I only use the control stick for rising aerials.

Example: For Marth, I use the control stick for the first hit of SHDA, and cstick for the second. (Short Hop Double Aerial)

mario-man

Smash Lord
There are a crapload of time to use the c stick. For smash attacks, aerials you don't need to do instantly (AKA every aerial that isn't done rising, no matter what)

I only use the control stick for rising aerials.

Example: For Marth, I use the control stick for the first hit of SHDA, and cstick for the second. (Short Hop Double Aerial)
Thanks for the tip.
I'm glad to here it straight from the best smasher with my main.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
quote'Woah thanks for the implied compliment'

hey, atleast he did not say luigi

trilok's opinion is that uairs>fairs(trrible hitbox and predictable marth shall just fsmash you if you start it. i used to do that)

mario-man

Smash Lord
quote'Woah thanks for the implied compliment'

hey, atleast he did not say luigi

trilok's opinion is that uairs>fairs(trrible hitbox and predictable marth shall just fsmash you if you start it. i used to do that)
Why should I say Luigi? Is EGGZ hiding something?? Like, is he even better with Luigi and I never knew it?!? Just wondering what you mean by this.

mario-man

Smash Lord
woah i am deff like 100x better then eggz....think of it he is just a breakfast food....i am a tasty drink!!!
Oh really?!! Have you seen "Up Air'd Blind"?? Check that out before you make any accusations. I will have to say that you are a pretty close second place. EGGZ is still better though.

Eggz

Smash Hero
LoL. Yaaaaaaaaaay
Gimpy taught me most of what I know, and I found most of the stuff out on my own. Now I'm like 8th-10th best in WA yay.

mario-man

Smash Lord
LoL. Yaaaaaaaaaay
Gimpy taught me most of what I know, and I found most of the stuff out on my own. Now I'm like 8th-10th best in WA yay.

There must be like 3 million smashers in WA in order for you to be so low on the list!!!!!

mario-man

Smash Lord
LoL, nope, just alot of VERY good ones.

I'd say good!!!! If they put you that low then it seems that either you'll be getting better really soon, or you need to move somewhere else so you don't lose your rep. I'm sure none of them main Mario though do they?

Top Bottom