• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some new info

Status
Not open for further replies.

NyaseNya

Smash Apprentice
I want to comment on a few things here.

First, remember that ut might not use the full space of a dual layer Wii disc. It uses that type of disc, but we'll have to see if they manage to fill it all up.

Second, it's huge for a game. I think there was some GTA game for the Ps2 that used a 8,5GB dual layer disc as well. But it's not common. And it's unfair to compare Brawl in size with Ps3 games, because those are in higher resolution, thus takes much more memory. (also the textures are in higher resolution, and textures eats up a lot of memory)

Third, a standard DVD disc has 4,7GB capacity. Dual Layer has 8,5GB. Obviously, Brawl is definitely going to be larger than 5GB. They could have used two seperate discs, but they have opted for one Dual Layer disc instead.

And no, 360 use the same format as Wii for games. Normal DVD discs. Blue Dragon on the 360 lies on 3-4 discs (I don't remember exactly). But again, the 360 uses higher resolution than the Wii, and thus more memory is needed. Just download a high res movie from IGN and compare the size of it to a standard def movie. Pretty huge different in size, huh?

So, Brawl is going to be BIG. Pre-rendered cut scenes is one reason of course, but don't forget about the music. Brawl will have tons of high quality music. Lots and lots of different music. This was the thing that made GTA so big in size.

And last, no one comments on the late arrival in Europe?? =( Bah.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
I comments on the late arrival on Europe.

ARGH, APRIL?! I don't believe it. I can't believe it; Brawl is Nintendo's biggest game (literally, it seems) - they can't get away with a two month delay. :(

Revven

FrankerZ
Why is it that people who make these amazing claims, never come back to explain their thinking?
Why is it that they never reply?
Nya is actually a true source though. He predicted the Sonic + trailer update four days earlier than the actual update. If that doesn't say he isn't reliable then I don't know what is. Basically, the guy posts the most believeable stuff. So yeah, take this as the truth and IMO, this is exciting. It would explain why he's been able to fit all this stuff in the disc as of recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom