• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Mario Vs Matches

Danny_SsB

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys I've been playing Project M since version 2.1, i play a lot SSB64 and Melee so I used Mario long time (and Melee Dr. Mario) PM Mario is very good :D

Here are some matches against a friend, i have a little problems with Luigi. I'll be waiting for your suggestions :)

Set 1:

Set 2:

Deep2

Smash Apprentice
Abuse Mario's fireballs. Completely abuse them and use them whenever there's any sort of downtime, for example Luigi recovering or when he's laying on the ground. Use B-reversals as an approach as well with fireballs, it's incredibly safe and can combo into all of Mario's moves, not to mention, the bounce on Mario's fireballs absolutely wreck anyone that tries to approach you from above as well if you shoot them from high enough.

GeZ

Smash Lord
Abuse Mario's fireballs. Completely abuse them and use them whenever there's any sort of downtime, for example Luigi recovering or when he's laying on the ground. Use B-reversals as an approach as well with fireballs, it's incredibly safe and can combo into all of Mario's moves, not to mention, the bounce on Mario's fireballs absolutely wreck anyone that tries to approach you from above as well if you shoot them from high enough.
This is bad advice. Why you do dis?

UniClown

Smash Rookie
One thing I noticed was that when you hit luigi in the air you would go for the fair but he would nair as soon as he got out of hitstun and hit you on the way down. This happened at least three times throughout the set but here is an example of one

Check at 7:50

I'm not quite sure how you could avoid this but I would say to start your fair earlier and space it so the startup lag ends right when the attack comes in range with luigi. The other is to simply not use the fair unless your opponent is at a higher percent. An uair may have worked in that situation as well.

xXDarkRisingXx

Smash Apprentice
Lol fire balls is one of marios key moves. But yes use them a lot. But Only when you have enough space to either use an approach or Retreating tactic. Yes fireballs Leeds into a lot of Marios attacks and combo of them. But you have to find the time to set it up. If not, it will be predictable. Yes they stop approach' but there not folcos lasers. So my advice to you is, find the appropriate situation to Use the fireballs. that is the key to using Marios fireballs.

Top Bottom