• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Jiggs stories from today.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
But sadly, I don't have any videos to go along with the stories.

I got eliminated first round in two close matches with a Peach, and shortly played my first round in the losers bracket.

Then I just barely lost to the kid's Ganondorf (I should probably get shot for losing to one). I pulled off a hell of a wall at one point to even it out (something similar to what King pulled off in his combo video), but I kept getting greedy and got in too close when I knew I shouldn't have. Also, I cancelled a spike I thought I had no chance at cancelling, so I burned the remainder of my jumps but one, did a couple rising pounds, used my last jump, then had the bright idea to Up-B:confused:.

Second match, I take him to Jungle Japes, he picks ICs. As expected, I played campy (though not as campy as I should have, but that gets explained now). I got overly greedy at some points, and one time I ended up getting wobbled (weird-*** wobble though, it involved a series of Nana down B's....probably could've broken it had I actually focused on it, I just smash my control stick / C stick in every direction combination possible). So we get to 3 minutes left, and we're both fresh on our last stocks, with me camping the left platform. He's afraid to come over to me because he doesn't want walled, I'm afraid to go over because I'll get wobbled. So we get to about 15 seconds left, and I've taken roughly 60 damage from ice blocks because I wasn't paying full attention >.>. He starts chasing me down, and hits me with an Up B. The up B would have killed me, but time ran out. SUDDEN DEATH! I immediately go to the right platform, and he goes back to ice block camping. I soon start to move, and he jumps, does an aerial, and as soon as he lands, I catch him with an up air to end it ^_^. Everyone around went nuts.

The only thing special about the last match was how well I had this kid mindgamed. He wanted FoD, I stayed Jiggs, he played Marth. About halfway through the match, all I had to do was jump to get him to counter. I shoulda done some rests, but I 'tarded out....

I'm sad overall about that set. I know I can beat him x_x, I just made some stupid mistakes in every match, mistakes that I picked out as I made 'em x_x.

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
Then I just barely lost to the kid's Ganondorf (I should probably get shot for losing to one).
Don't worry, ganondorf in my opinion is one of the hardest matchups for jiggs. I'd rather go against almost any character other than a good ganon (maybe except a campy fox...)

I'm sad overall about that set. I know I can beat him x_x, I just made some stupid mistakes in every match, mistakes that I picked out as I made 'em x_x.
johnsssss :laugh:

anyway, nice story. better luck next time!

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
entertaining, weird tournament rules though. If that was here and time ran out with you both having 1 stock left and you having higher percentage. The ruling would go in favor of the opponent with you losing that round.
Also, a good ganon is hard to fight. I don't know where you got the notion that ganon should be cake.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
Freeze glitches banned, wobbles allowed. Somewhat unusual rules for a tourney, but it was this kid's first time hosting one.

Also, a good ganon is hard to fight. I don't know where you got the notion that ganon should be cake.
I really just feel that any Ganon or Falcon should be an easy fight, because they're both pretty much screwed once you get them off the stage.

Kaizer

Smash Journeyman
I really just feel that any Ganon or Falcon should be an easy fight, because they're both pretty much screwed once you get them off the stage.
Remember that you must get them off the stage first. That's the most difficult :]

edub

Smash Apprentice
Freeze glitches banned, wobbles allowed. Somewhat unusual rules for a tourney, but it was this kid's first time hosting one.

lol? falcon >> jiggs

Top Bottom