• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some idiotic thoughts on the "cloaking device"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2L84U

Smash Journeyman
Just thought of the invisibility cloak trophy,
which says "TOP SECRETS" in the universe section.

According to Masahiro Sakurai, director of the game, Hideo Kojima (creator of Metal Gear Solid) "begged" Sakurai to have Snake in this game. Sadly, it was too late in the development cycle and Solid Snake will be appearing in Smash Brothers Brawl.
My thoughts: does that cloak come from the Metal Gear series ??

P.S.: i don't really know this thread should belong to which section...
for the cloak belongs to melee while metal gear and snake belongs to brawl......

Dashiamo

Smash Cadet
The Cloaking Device is from Perfect Dark i think, go on youtube and search CrappyCaptureDevice he makes alot of videos on where everything from melee comes from, its in one of the "History of items" videos he made.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Proximity Mine looks like it's from Goldeneye.

As for the cloaking device, it looks nothing like the actual optic camo module in MGS.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
They're from Perfect Dark. If you look at the actual trophy descriptions, it mentions the Carrington Institute, from PD.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
It said 'Top Secret' because the game was published by Rare as opposed to Nintendo outside Japan. I believe it actually said which games they were from in the Japanese version.

Banzai_Kitten

Smash Cadet
Invisiblity Cloak? I think you're thinking Harry Potter. The invisible thing in MGS was stealth camo.

Names aside. Even though the original was from Perfect Dark, I think it would be awesome if they could replace it with stealth camo from MGS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom