• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some Help with Desynching?

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
As you can see, I've only just made this account. I've been a smashboards browser for quite some time now but have never participated in the threads.

I recently picked up IC's and have been catching on to their metagame pretty quickly. However, probably my biggest weak point with them right now is desynching. There is a nice description in the IC sticky guide, but it doesn't really go into the details of how to do it (or I'm just too dumb to get it).

I can desynch out of the d-throw to fair combo (usually into an ice lock) and kinda pull of the dash dance desynch (not very consistent). Obviously, I can also do it with a standing up-b but that has no practical use in competitive play.

I keep reading that there are ways to pretty much desynch out of any move or situation, but I can't seem to figure it out. A little help or even a small desynching guide would be greatly appreciated.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Just search Desync on this forum. I did it after posting a topic with no help and theres an old Desync guide with like an odd 20 methods.

BudaBoy

Smash Cadet
Perhaps we could get a guide like that stickied? It just seems like such a major part of the IC's. Either way, thanks for the help. I'll be sure to look into it.

Edit*: This guide from late march has been very helpful if anyone else is looking for some help desynching. If it's just me (since I hardly see it discussed, seems like no one has any problems with it), then, obviously, don't bother stickying something like this.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159767&highlight=desynch+guide

Top Bottom