• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some help please!

Ti87

Smash Rookie
Soo.. I started to play online a lot.. I usually always use the GameCube controller with the adapter.. I've always notice I will have slight input delay playing with Marth..almost impossible to play with him when that happens.. I figured it was my internet so I kept trying to fix it with no luck..
Today I acindently started a match online with the wii u game pad so I decided to finish off the match with it.. I pretty much felt zero lag with it.. Felt like I was playing local.. Play some more matches and just about every match felt that way.. Used the GameCube controller and again noticed that very slight delay..

So the GameCube controller slower then the others? Is there a way to fix this?? I much rather use the GameCube controller but that slight lag makes mart hard to play with..

Also.. The thing is I only feel the lag online with the GameCube controller

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
It's probably your controller itself that's slower, not the type of controller in general.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
When you used the gamepad, what screen were you looking at? The TV or the Gamepads? This is very important.

If it was the Gamepads screen, it's possible your TV is the reason. Try testing it with other controllers (Wii U Pro, Wii + Nunchuk preferably) and see if the lag still happens. If it does, it's your TV. You can usually fix this with most modern TVs by changing the settings; see if there is a game mode or recommended settings for your display.

If it doesn't fix it;
  • It might be your GC controller. Try cleaning it or getting it cleaned to see if it solves it.
  • Clean all the connectors in your console's USB ports and GC adapter.
If this doesn't fix it, then there's something broken in either the connector for the controller, the adapter, or the console. Try different USB ports in your Wii U as well; the black on is the one that registers inputs, btw, while the grey one is used for Rumble only.

Also note that with wireless controllers in general, and playing online too, there will inevitably be some slight delay.

Last edited:

Ti87

Smash Rookie
I was using the tv.. Tried multiple gc controllers and no fix.. I only feel it online.. Local it's fine with the gc controller..

Maybe I was just lucky that one time I was playing with the wii u game pad.. But that ever so slight delay just makes Marth so hard to use online.. Making me kinda not wanna play online anymore

I think imma just give up playing online..

I can't shake the lag and it's almost impossible with Marth trying to win.. That sucks too cuz I do like playing just not enough people I know here in the bay..

O well

Haha.. Finally fixed it!!! Loving the online.. Add me if you stil play! Looking for people to play regular.. Getting addicted just like the melee lol.. Specially if ur in the bay!

Last edited by a moderator:

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
How did you fix it? In case someone googles this thread, that information could provide useful.

Ti87

Smash Rookie
Very true

I had to change the router settings on my comcast router.. Then changed the wii u setting under my lan adapter

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/71111375

That is the website I used that pretty much showed me step by step on how to do everything.. I think the biggest difference was changing the mtu to 1500 in the wii u settings

Top Bottom